Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Neocrisis

Problem still not solved, Please Help !

Guest Neocrisis

Just got the "Otakon" TC for doom 2 and I am having some difficulties. The wepons,level, and sounds included with the tc work fine but I am unable to see the new status bar. I've seen screen shots of the TC and the status bar is blue with Priss from Bubblegum Crisis head. When I drop the 2 .wad's and the deh file into Zdoom 124 beta it loads up like any other wad. When I start a new game I get error/s:
"Couldnt find C:\Final Doom\Otakon\Priss.deh in bots.cfg"
Is this the reason I cant see the new status bar? I looked for a "bots.cfg" file and couldnt find one. Can anyone help me set up a "bots.cfg" file or help me to fix this prob? Thanks for any help!

Guest Cacodemon Leade

The Resources in the WAD file are all crammed between the Sprite start and Sprite End pointers.

Cacodemon Leade said:

The Resources in the WAD file are all crammed between the Sprite start and Sprite End pointers.

No cacodemon leader. Its just that your gay.

ZDoom can't find the bots.cfg unless it's in the bots subfolder in whatever directory you're in. Dragging and dropping files can cause ZDoom to get lost. This just means you can't add bots, it makes no explination of your status bar missing. Try pressing - and + on the keyboard for a while. Did that help?

If nothing else, open up Notepad. Type in the following:
@echo off
cd \finald~1
zdoom.exe -file otakon\1.wad otakon\2.wad -deh otakon\1.deh

Replace the numbers with whatever the filenames are. You need all the wads and deh files in there like that. Now, save that file into your Final Doom directory and name it OTAKON.BAT.

Double click it. Did that do it for you?

Guest Neocrisis

Tried what you suggested about hitting + and -. Dident do anything. I still have the origional doom status bar, just not the modified one. Have absolutly no idea what to do with the notepad file I wrote. Where do I put it? What do I do with it? What should I save it as? Sorry, Im totally DOS illiterate. Anymore help woul be appreciated.

Guest Neocrisis
Disorder said:

Die newbie, Die Die !! ;)

Im sorry you feel that way. But It's all good.

Guest Neocrisis
Cacodemon Leade said:

No offense, but I have ABSOLUTLEY no idea what your talking about.....

Guest Cacodemon Leade

I opened otakugfx.wad using Wintex, and I saw to my horrors that most of the entries are between the S_START and S_END lumps!

Guest Neocrisis

As Dr.Evil would say:
"RRRRiiiiiiggggghhhhtttt..........."
Im guessing you are reffering to the code when you said that most of the entries were made between Start and End. But really, I dont know what your talking about. I am willing to learn if you want to help.

Guest ZarcyB
Ralphis said:

No cacodemon leader. Its just that your gay.

rofl

I would call him a fuckin retard. But that's just my opinion.

I played that TC with MacDoom without any problems.

I will try it out again with my PC emulation in ZDoom and tell you then. Did you said you dropped the deh into ZDoom? Did you tried also the ZDoom launcher? Maybe ZDoom needs the .deh loaded by using the launcher program?

Update:
Update: It just came into my mind that the missing new status bar cannot be a problem caused by the .deh. Your problem is that not all needed graphics from the iwad has been inserted into the pwad. There a programs made for that job: Taking graphic recourses from the copyrighted iwad and inserting them into the pwad. That also has the pro that the (over the internet) submitted pwad does not have to be that big. On the Macintosh that program is called "Wadenizer", the counterpart on the PC is called "DeUSF".

Did you run the installation program? It should do this job for you without thinking about it.

I will try it out and tell you later by posting here again or write you an e-mail.

Peter Heinemann said:

SHAMELESS APPLE PROMOTION!!!!111 :D

Guest Neocrisis
Peter Heinemann said:

I will try it out again with my PC emulation in ZDoom and tell you then. Did you said you dropped the deh into ZDoom? Did you tried also the ZDoom launcher? Maybe ZDoom needs the .deh loaded by using the launcher program?

Update:
Update: It just came into my mind that the missing new status bar cannot be a problem caused by the .deh. Your problem is that not all needed graphics from the iwad has been inserted into the pwad. There a programs made for that job: Taking graphic recourses from the copyrighted iwad and inserting them into the pwad. That also has the pro that the (over the internet) submitted pwad does not have to be that big. On the Macintosh that program is called "Wadenizer", the counterpart on the PC is called "DeUSF".

Did you run the installation program? It should do this job for you without thinking about it.

I will try it out and tell you later by posting here again or write you an e-mail.

I dident know there was a ZDOOM launcher. If you know where I can pick one up please let me know. I really dont know how to configure all this "Dehacked" crap that the Readme file talks about that is included with the OTAKON TC. Mabey these spec will help.
I'm running windows 95
Im currently running Doom 95 with the ZDOOM 124 beta port.
My directory for doom2 is c:\FinalDoom
All of my tc and wad's are in separate folders in the C:\FinalDoom directory for organizational purposes.
exp.C:\FinalDoom\Osiris
The majority of the tc's I have work completly(sounds,maps,characters,weapons,etc.)
I tried the non-beta ZDOOM vesion and it made no difference.

Other TC's/Wads I have trouble with:
"Extreme" Tc( Weapon animations have glitches)
"Alien vs Predator" Tc(Won't load, get errors)

Sigh......... Please help!

Guest Neocrisis
ZarcyB said:

rofl

I would call him a fuckin retard. But that's just my opinion.

Damn, who woke up on the wrong side of the dungpile this morning! How am I a F*ckin retard? I sorry that I dont sit behind a desk at Intel drinking soda and typing C++ alll day. Im only a Sophmore in highschool for god sakes. Mabey you went to a rich highschool with computerlabs and tech teacher but I go to a Ghetto-Ass charter school. We dont even have enough calculators to go around. I don't know where you get off saying shit like that. Mabey you just like to talk shit. But, maybey, just maybey you will consider what others may think about what you say.I'm sorry that I sank to your level of immaturity. All you did was show your ignorance with the post you made.

Chin up, Zarcy is just a mad Scotsman, probably got some thistle stuck up his ass wandering the heather moors

Guest Neocrisis

Lol, thanks for the support. I'm just stressed out because finals are next week. Anyway, you have any idea's on how to fix my problem?

Neocrisis said:

I dident know there was a ZDOOM launcher. If you know where I can pick one up please let me know. I really dont know how to configure all this "Dehacked" crap that the Readme file talks about that is included with the OTAKON TC. Mabey these spec will help.
I'm running windows 95
Im currently running Doom 95 with the ZDOOM 124 beta port.
My directory for doom2 is c:\FinalDoom
All of my tc and wad's are in separate folders in the C:\FinalDoom directory for organizational purposes.
exp.C:\FinalDoom\Osiris
The majority of the tc's I have work completly(sounds,maps,characters,weapons,etc.)
I tried the non-beta ZDOOM vesion and it made no difference.

Other TC's/Wads I have trouble with:
"Extreme" Tc( Weapon animations have glitches)
"Alien vs Predator" Tc(Won't load, get errors)

Sigh......... Please help!

I just looked into the .zip archive and the „runfirst.bat“.

Just do the following: Install the whole TC once again in your DoomII directory. The „ otakugfx.wad“ will be modified by using „NWT“, which stands for „New Wad Tool“ (an awesome programm). Then you can use that otakugfx.wad with ZDoom.

If you like to play a little around and want to become familiar with pwad usage, you can also try out to make it „pure“. The programm NWT is included in otakon.zip.

Just run

nwt -as otakugfx.wad.

from the dos prompt. You do not have to move any file out of the dirrctory in which you did unstuff the otakon.zip nor add something.

Your problem has nothing to do with the dehacked file .deh!!!

Tell me if it worked.

(the zdoom launcher zdlaunch26.zip is available on the homepage of ZDoom, but it is on the way to you by email since I do not have the link)

Forgotten: You have to run the „runfirst.bat“ to start the automatic installation procedure.
NWT then will do the following in the background:

nwt -as otakugfx.wad

That means it will take graphics from the iwad and insert them into the otakugfx.wad pwad.

This is because when a pwad contains modified graphics Doom will only accept those graphics when the pwad contains all Doom graphics. Only ALL graphics can be replaced, not only a specified. So the missing graphics which are needed to make a proper, working "graphics set" for the pwad have to be added from the iwad.

That trick allows it for the author to reduce the size of his pwad and keep his work legal, since the iwad graphics are copyrighted.

Or try it manually by using only NWT.

Guest Neocrisis
Peter Heinemann said:

I just looked into the .zip archive and the „runfirst.bat“.

Just do the following: Install the whole TC once again in your DoomII directory. The „ otakugfx.wad“ will be modified by using „NWT“, which stands for „New Wad Tool“ (an awesome programm). Then you can use that otakugfx.wad with ZDoom.

If you like to play a little around and want to become familiar with pwad usage, you can also try out to make it „pure“. The programm NWT is included in otakon.zip.

Just run

nwt -as otakugfx.wad.

from the dos prompt. You do not have to move any file out of the dirrctory in which you did unstuff the otakon.zip nor add something.

Your problem has nothing to do with the dehacked file .deh!!!

Tell me if it worked.

(the zdoom launcher zdlaunch26.zip is available on the homepage of ZDoom, but it is on the way to you by email since I do not have the link)

It still wont work, but I think were on the right track!
Here's what I did:
Opened ZIP file for Otaku TC
Extracted files to my doom directory.
Ran "NWT"
Opened in a Ms-dos window,"NWT v.1.3 (c)by Tic 1/95","New wad tool for Doom, Doom2, and Herectic"
"Abnormal termination, Error 2"
Closed out "NWT"
Ran "Run first"
Opened in Ms-dos window,"blah blah blah"
"Checking for doom.exe... Not found!"
"Checking for doom2.exe... Not found!"
"Cannot find a necessary doom file"
"Crap about specifying the directory to doom files in dehacked.ini"
I have a feeling all this has something to do with how my directory is set up. I have more information about the directory and my version of doom in another post on this page if it helps.I have the Doom 95 retail and dont know wht version it is? I can't seem to find it anywhere so I dont know if there is an upgrade available. I think were getting closer too solving this problem. Also should I type the nwt -as xxxxxx.wad in the console in Zdoom? Im a bit confused.

Guest Neocrisis
Peter Heinemann said:

Forgotten: You have to run the „runfirst.bat“ to start the automatic installation procedure.
NWT then will do the following in the background:

nwt -as otakugfx.wad

That means it will take graphics from the iwad and insert them into the otakugfx.wad pwad.

This is because when a pwad contains modified graphics Doom will only accept those graphics when the pwad contains all Doom graphics. Only ALL graphics can be replaced, not only a specified. So the missing graphics which are needed to make a proper, working "graphics set" for the pwad have to be added from the iwad.

That trick allows it for the author to reduce the size of his pwad and keep his work legal, since the iwad graphics are copyrighted.

Or try it manually by using only NWT.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to try the ZDOOM launcher you sent me. Sorry If you don't here from me till towmorrow but Im expecting a important phone call tonite.

Neocrisis said:

So NWT needs Doom95? Seems so. You can also try out „deutex“, available at Doomworld´s editing section.

Or wait, it is on the way to you by e-mail (small)

The syntax may be a bid different, but this program is widely in use and will certainly work for you.

I just looked into the readme and found the sytax:

deutex -as otakugfx.wad

Did you try out the launcher I sent you by e-mail?

Guest ZarcyB
Neocrisis said:

Damn, who woke up on the wrong side of the dungpile this morning! How am I a F*ckin retard? I sorry that I dont sit behind a desk at Intel drinking soda and typing C++ alll day. Im only a Sophmore in highschool for god sakes. Mabey you went to a rich highschool with computerlabs and tech teacher but I go to a Ghetto-Ass charter school. We dont even have enough calculators to go around. I don't know where you get off saying shit like that. Mabey you just like to talk shit. But, maybey, just maybey you will consider what others may think about what you say.I'm sorry that I sank to your level of immaturity. All you did was show your ignorance with the post you made.

OK, my apologies Neocrisis, I was referring to Cacodemon Leader as a fuckin retard. Sorry if you misunderstood, I'll try and make myself clearer next time. And hell, C++ confuses me anyway :P

Sorry again, hope there's no hard feelings.

Guest ZarcyB
fodders said:

Chin up, Zarcy is just a mad Scotsman, probably got some thistle stuck up his ass wandering the heather moors

/me pulls the thistle out of his ass

Thanks fods! I was wondering why I had an itchy ass!

Guest Cacodemon Leade
ZarcyB said:

OK, my apologies Neocrisis, I was referring to Cacodemon Leader as a fuckin retard. Sorry if you misunderstood, I'll try and make myself clearer next time. And hell, C++ confuses me anyway :P

ZarcyB you can go burn in hell for being such a Fucking Wank!

Guest fraggle`

fucking creationists! fuck them!

Guest Neocrisis
ZarcyB said:

Ok, sorry for going off like a M-80. I'm not usually like that, I was just having a bad day. No hard feelings.