Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rubilacxe

Hey Elbryan

I finally got this stupid FTP thing to work (CuteFTP)

Your site works and everything (getting some music as we speak)

I was wondering if you could help me out. Can you explain, now that I understand FTP a little, how I upload my stuff?

Whats the adress to my page?

Ask elbryan and he'll set up an account for you. He'll give you your personal username and password via email. Then upload files into the folder with your username, which is (or will be) inside the 'upload' folder.

When using ftp programs such as BulletProof, WS_FTP, CuteFTP, etc., connect to the ftp using that username/password. Usually the ftp directory is on the right and your current directory is on the left. I upload by dragging and dropping, but there are other ways of doing so.

Zaldron said:

Get WS_FTP (freeware)

...Unless you want the full version.

Zeratul 982 said:

Ask elbryan and he'll set up an account for you. He'll give you your personal username and password via email. Then upload files into the folder with your username, which is (or will be) inside the 'upload' folder.

When using ftp programs such as BulletProof, WS_FTP, CuteFTP, etc., connect to the ftp using that username/password. Usually the ftp directory is on the right and your current directory is on the left. I upload by dragging and dropping, but there are other ways of doing so.

Yeah, Elbryan set me up an "account"

I logged into the FTP site, then I log in my Username and Password.

When I try to upload things (Cube) It says: 'You do not have permission to do this'

What do i do?

Lüt said:

...Unless you want the full version.

For what? Uploading and downloading?

I have no idea but different versions cost different prices. Plus that damn thing disconnects you if you're idle for like 2 second. Crap on it.

::takes dump on WS_FTP::

Zeratul 982 said:

Make sure you're uploading to your folder. If it still doesn't work, tell elbryan about it.

I'll e-mail him

thanks man

make sure that you have your upload dir selected when you throw the file in the queue. i just double checked the rights, so it should work. email me if you have any more troubles.

Lüt said:

I have no idea but different versions cost different prices. Plus that damn thing disconnects you if you're idle for like 2 second. Crap on it.

::takes dump on WS_FTP::

The freeware version has no limits at all, I don't know what you're talking about.