Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

E3 questions

I'd be interested in what kinda system specs most of these future games are going to require to funtion decently.

If any of the designers or displays went into that aspect in-depth. How long they thought a system with those specs would last, etc.

I have a general idea, I was just wondering what the designer's target ranges were for the next few years.

Guest stphrz'

No. Not really.

I would like to know what GBA games are on display, because most sites are going to cover the bigger stuff only. Other than that I can find in depth info anywhere, but thanks.

Lüt said:

I'd be interested in what kinda system specs most of these future games are going to require to funtion decently.

If any of the designers or displays went into that aspect in-depth. How long they thought a system with those specs would last, etc.

I have a general idea, I was just wondering what the designer's target ranges were for the next few years.

Just go get 3dmark2K1. (http://www.madonion.com/)

If you can get over 4000 3Dmarks, your system will be fine for another year. If not, then for every 100 3dmarks under 4000, subtract one month from your time you should wait to upgrade. Works for me, anyway. <=^_^=>

I get 5857 3dMarks.

stphrz' said:

No. Not really.

I get 986 on the 2000 benchmark from madonion...
And I thought that was pretty good ;)

Lüt said:

I think my brand new Apple PM G4 will be a really cute Doom3 machine (when id comes with the game within the next 2 years).
Plus it looks soo hot (tell me PC user who places his tower on the desk just to be see it whilst work/playing).
Unfortunately I am not waiting for the new Doom :)

Guest Nuno Correia

Tell us about Halo, DNF, Red Faction, Castle Wolfenstein, yadda yadda yadda. There are lots of FPSes this year on E3. Also, check out THPS3 just to know if it's as good as THPS2.

Bring some photos of the booth babes, heh.

Please don't put any general E3 stuff on DW, ling, we have Blue's News for that. What you *should* do, though, is put Henning Skogsto's new 30ns6936.lmp on a floppy and make all the id guys you can find watch it. (30ns - whole game completed on nightmare with all secrets on each level, no dying/restarting.) ftp://213.93.213.170/incoming/compet-n/30ns6936.zip

deadnail said:

I would like to know what GBA games are on display, because most sites are going to cover the bigger stuff only. Other than that I can find in depth info anywhere, but thanks.

Uh, isn't E3 supposed to be PC only? Although the X-Box is being talked about there :)

Nuno Correia said:

Tell us about Halo, DNF, Red Faction, Castle Wolfenstein, yadda yadda yadda. There are lots of FPSes this year on E3. Also, check out THPS3 just to know if it's as good as THPS2.

Bring some photos of the booth babes, heh.

THPS2 Rocked.

Guest ZarcyB

Was there any good looking naked chicks

i mostly am looking at squaresoft, and also gamecube since im kinda interested in that too

NiGHTMARE said:

Uh, isn't E3 supposed to be PC only? Although the X-Box is being talked about there :)

e3 is dealing with consoles and pc.

Peter Heinemann said:

I think my brand new Apple PM G4 will be a really cute Doom3 machine (when id comes with the game within the next 2 years).
Plus it looks soo hot (tell me PC user who places his tower on the desk just to be see it whilst work/playing).
Unfortunately I am not waiting for the new Doom :)

im sorry but mac, bah i feel cheated using it, considering that most its games are ports of the windows games. althou apple might be a bit better since there going to use linux as there operating system

Apple won't do any such thing -- they still want to make money, and therefore, they're building Mac OS X right on top of a BSD distro, with a BSD license instead of the GPL. Mac OS sucks. OS X is good only insofar that it is a BSD, but beyonds that it sucks too.

Guest ZarcyB
Disorder said:

Oh c'mon Zarcy... Everybody here knows you're gay.

OK, let's make this clear. I'm not gay, and why would it be a problem if it was? And if I was, I certainly wouldn't try to hit on you so you really make no sense at all. At least I'm not a whining dickhead like yourself.

Guest fraggle`
arioch said:

Apple won't do any such thing -- they still want to make money, and therefore, they're building Mac OS X right on top of a BSD distro, with a BSD license instead of the GPL. Mac OS sucks. OS X is good only insofar that it is a BSD, but beyonds that it sucks too.

actually its based on mach, but with some snippets of bsd code providing the unix environment which the higher level programs run. thats how i understand it anyway.

Guest Nuno Correia
AirRaid said:

THPS2 Rocked.

Yes.

ZarcyB said:

OK, let's make this clear. I'm not gay, and why would it be a problem if it was? And if I was, I certainly wouldn't try to hit on you so you really make no sense at all. At least I'm not a whining dickhead like yourself.

Jeesh.. where's your sense of humour?

Katarhyne said:

Just go get 3dmark2K1. (http://www.madonion.com/)If you can get over 4000 3Dmarks, your system will be fine for another year. If not, then for every 100 3dmarks under 4000, subtract one month from

So someone who gets under 2700 should have already upgraded? :-) (My computer shouldn't even run 3DMark2001... I don't *have* 32MB video memory.)

arioch said:

hmm, then the mag i read musta been lieing or something coze thay said stuff about mac and linux

Zaldron said:

I sold it on eBay.

They don't let you sell body parts on eBay. (And, apparently, your soul is considered a body part.)