Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lüt

"Personal" forum?

It would nice if there was a personal/miscellaneous forum for people to post non-Doom-related happenings and other general discussion not suitable for the rest of these forums. I think it's fair to say that most of the frequent posters here have groups of friends on these forums they'd care to share things besides Doom with; a forum for this would probably generate a good response from most people. Y'know, community bonding, etc. Yae? Nay?

Likewise, one for flamewars might work too.

(Provided it's not a big hassle...)

Oh, and 2000th post, where's my prize dammit?

Your prize will be delayed due to international laws which state that hordes of demons from hell must be kept in quarantine for at least 10000 years. ;)

Yeh, dat would be kinda cool. A personal ranting forum, heheh. I can already imagine the tones set in stone.

Congrats. You have successfully wasted a nice chunk of your life here.

About the forum, I don't know, we could just use one of those useless forums... you know, like "Source Ports". :)

yup.

/me doesn't BURP! at you because your idea is good.

Seems we like to get opinions from people on stuff other than Doom. Why don't we petition Ling or Mordeth to convert the multiplayer forum into the Misc. Forum. After all it is lagging a bit behind in the post stats...

sounds like a good idea, of course, you'd still have to point out to alot of folks that they should take their flamewars to the separate forum,

I think it might help, though.

Guest Nuno Correia

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! That'll turn Doomworld into Newdoom. :)

NO! Just look at newdoom. They have an R&R forum, and nobody posts about doom anymore.

Peter Heinemann said:

A toilet for doomworld

Funny, I've always thought of the Doomworld forums as one big giant toilet. Now where's the flusher...

Zaldron said:

Congrats. You have successfully wasted a nice chunk of your life here

What do you expect me to do at the office? Work?

I must've made at least 80% of my posts during slow days at "work".

I suppose hijacking Source Ports isn't a bad idea...

Nuno Correia said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! That'll turn Doomworld into Newdoom. :)

Au contrair, it would most like ensure that all current forums stay totally Doom-related. Then you could weed out the stuff you don't care about from the Doom stuff by not going in that forum. So HA! :P

AirRaid said:

Your prize will be delayed due to international laws which state that hordes of demons from hell must be kept in quarantine for at least 10000 years. ;)

Fortunately, we have a spare batch of demons that have been sitting around for 9,999 years, 11 months, and 20 days just for occasions like this.

You have 11 days until your demons are ready.