Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Malachai

My Bad...

Guest Malachai

Yeah, my bad. I should've been more specific, I guess. Serious Sam ISN'T Doom (not architecturally, for sure...just somewhat similar weapons and kind of, the action). It's just got an action that's more of a Doom/Duke hybrid. But that's what everyone's been saying, so I guess there goes the whole idea of originality. :) In all honesty, I'd really just rather Doom3 ends up a lot like Silent Hill. Not too many enemies, and each encounter is a new frightening experience. And with some real environment (not that Doom didn't have it before, but these days it requires more and more to impress people) and I don't know, the whole "desolate base" feeling and if it should ever take you to Hell or something like that, the whole "I'm the only one here against everyone" feeling...kinda like those weird feelings of rallying against a common enemy like in all those movies like Braveheart, when you know you're screwed, but by some fluke you might live victorious. That'd be nice.

That's exactly the kind of feeling I'm hoping for in the new Doom. The Serious Sam schtick is a bit overrated ... the whole damned thing feels like a huge arcade game, I kept wanting to find some place to drop quarters.

We should expect more from PC games.

Let's see... let me first state that I love all the following games.

Doom
Silent Hill
Resident Evil
Parasite Eve 2
Undying

Now then, each game has it's own FEEL. It's own balance of fear and action.

It would be nigh impossible for Doom 3 to perfectly emulate the feel any other game, even the original Doom.

Doom 3 should have it's OWN unique feel; that's the only way it's going to succeed.

Arioch said:

We should expect more from PC games.

Amen.

That's exactly what I feel about Serious Sam...

Well considering Serious Sam was worth about $20 at the local K-Mart I suppose I really shouldn't complain too much about it.

But like I've said before, if I had paid $40 or $50 for it I would feel quite ripped off.

deadnail said:

Let's see... let me first state that I love all the following games.

Doom
Silent Hill
Resident Evil
Parasite Eve 2
Undying

Now then, each game has it's own FEEL. It's own balance of fear and action.

It would be nigh impossible for Doom 3 to perfectly emulate the feel any other game, even the original Doom.

Doom 3 should have it's OWN unique feel; that's the only way it's going to succeed.

Escactly Dead Nail.

Each game has a unique feel to it,especially Resident Evil!
But especially DOOM!

I think the scariest,creepiest Resident Evil is the first one.

And as for DOOM 3,well lets put it this way.I know DOOM 3 will bring a new meaning to gaming and it will set a new standard!
But hey,who cares what Nightmare Imp has to say,im a worthless peace of shit who dont deserve to live...

/me BURPS! like me has never burped before

Your name is nightmare imp...yet you have a picture of a baron...