Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jon

Want to submit something?

i can't believe you were actually able to take screenshots and figure out how to put them in this thread.

Screen capture with Irfanview, uploaded the image to my ftp site then display it with the [img][/img] code.

alright. a full URL is not a hostname.

ftp://ftp.whatever.com/pub/incoming

means:

ftp:// - protocol
ftp.whatever.com - hostname
/pub/incoming - path

just like

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/newreply.php

http:// - protocol
doomworld.com - hostname
/vb/ - path
newreply.php - filename

now, when an ftp client asks you for a hostname, usually they aren't going to like it if you put in an entire URL, because many ftp clients don't even know how to parse URLs, let alone parsing a URL when it's only expecting a hostname.

the URL provided in Jon's original post is not incorrect, it just requires a little bit of knowledge about URLs and FTP clients in order to use it.

Again, I was able to upload to that exact URL many times without problem.
It doesn't matter how many screenshots you take.

It is not wrong

Whatever, just make sure you explain the host name first and leave the IP address as well ?

First, as I'm sure you're aware because you're quite the astute individual, all the doom2 textures are finished. So unless your texture is a lot better than the one it's replacing, I'd say it would will be not listed.
But who knows. Any texture, zipped, that takes up 4.40 megs has to be good.

Um, those are flat hi resolution textures, all 512 x 512. Please take a look at it.

tony said:

Please take a look at it.

It's not possible to download file for the incoming dir.

tony said:

So when would the texture I uploaded will be listed ???

Sorry, I've been busy the last couple of days. It should be in now.

I should point out that freedoom currently doesnt have any kind of real distribution system for hires textures other than putting them on the website for viewing. You might want to resubmit your stuff to the doom2 retexturing project as well.

To everyone else: things are feeling a bit hostile in here. Could we please all be a bit more friendly? Thanks :)

Tony: Those flats are pretty good. One or two of them seem very similar to doom2 though. Are they all done from scratch?

Yes all done from scratch, as the instruction suggested. If you like I could explain the process of making them. Most of these are done by going through filters, first there's plasma cloud, then heigh maps, negatives, spray etc, etc. I use a program called stile99 or Harmware, it was a texture program that was created from Gimp plug in. It's no longer on the net but I still have the url if want it.

Cancel that, the email address is no longer there as well, however I still could upload the program.

Um, thanks, you know the texture2doom website have alot more patches then what is listed on the duetex list, do freedoom just link them ? Or only a few were donated by tex2doom website ?

I'd really like to get that program, lemme know when/if you get it uploaded somewhere. You could always just make a freewebs account and throw it up there. http://freewebs.com

just to let everyone know I'm still working on some hi flats and I'll give a shot at the high patch as well, one is already done, so. Anyone ever thought of hi sprite ?

I uploaded more hi flats and for the first time, some hi patch, but I don't think I'll be doing much patch. By the way, is there anyway of changing the image i uploaded ?

No. But you can make a better one and upload it with special instructions to replace the first.

Damn, just did upload it :( You mean I have to reupload the files with instruction ?

I reuploaded the image with text info and special instruction, I met to have it in there before, but it slip my mind, I upload the files on the doomworld ftp this time, I hope it ends up to the same place. Will FreeDoom display snapshots thats upload too and what grandma would want to see image of Doom ???