Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeratul 982

Requested improvements...

I heard from some people that Stone Stratagems could be more than it is. I heard that it could use some improvements in some levels, but I need to know what parts of what levels you think should be improved by adding stuff to it like beams, windows, decors, lighting, etc.
I think I already know one thing that should be improved, and that's that wooden area in "The Tower II" with the cheezy lighting effect.

They're probably talking about making it Gothic99-quality mapping.

Well, one thing that always improves levels is putting in angles instead of just 90 degree corners. And I seem to remember Stone Stragems having LOTS of 90 degree corners.

This is Doom, not Wolfenstein =p

Say, would you mind if I "remixed" one of your maps in my spare time?

The wooden area looks cool. I was thinking more about the upper area with all that fencing that ends in some areas without having a real "end point" such as a pole it will go into to finish it. But really, you could use some more 3d tricks/illusions, new textures, and a little more detail per room.

Guest Cacodemon Leade

Hmmm... What I would like to see improved would be the Absolution Replica Area. The demons spawn like crazy, and I always don't have enough ammo to wipe them out.

Well that's the trick. You're NOT supposed to be able to take them all out. It's supposed to be a trap. Get the yellow key and run like hell.

Just like on The Absolution, you really don't have enough ammo to take out all the demons and still have spare ammo to take on the motherdemon, even though you start at an area with tons of weapons and ammo (similar to the starting point in "Beyond Hardcore") You need to get those 3 adapters to upgrade the pentagram weapon to at least have a chance.

Lazer said:

The wooden area looks cool. I was thinking more about the upper area with all that fencing that ends in some areas without having a real "end point" such as a pole it will go into to finish it. But really, you could use some more 3d tricks/illusions, new textures, and a little more detail per room.

I didn't have the fencing around the top of the tower at first. I put it there hoping to prevent the ability to fall off so easily. Maybe I should get rid of it.

About the wooden area, the lights on the wall have no angle, but when the room becomes dark and the "lights" turn on, it follows the pattern of the wooden beams on the ceiling instead of what it's supposed to do in real-life. The light bends when it's not supposed to. I'll think of something to improve it sometime.

Guest Stphrz'
NiGHTMARE said:

Well, one thing that always improves levels is putting in angles instead of just 90 degree corners. And I seem to remember Stone Stragems having LOTS of 90 degree corners.

This is Doom, not Wolfenstein =p

45 and 135 degree angles are EVIL!

Stphrz' said:

45 and 135 degree angles are EVIL!

What? You use WadEd too?

:)

Yeah, they're evil.