3-Shotgun/Super Shotgun
4-Chaingun
5-M-16
6-Grenade Launcher
7-Rocket Launcher
8-Sniper Rifle
9-Plasma Rifle
0-BFG 15000
or maybe the sniper rifle could be the Railgun...

I hear that standing in a subway tunnel for a few hours can help cure cases of unoriginality and misdirection such as this.

Guest ZarcyB
Lüt said:

I hear that standing in a subway tunnel for a few hours can help cure cases of unoriginality and misdirection such as this.

;)

1-fist/chainsaw

Okay, I can see your influence here. What about hand-to-hand combat instead of just throwing punches? If nothing else the alt-fire should be kick... to send enemies flying.

2-Desert Eagle

What caliber? 357? Glock already makes a superior magnum in that chambering. 44? That's a bit fucking much for a default weapon. One shot would put a hole the size of a CD through ten lined up Imps. Don't forget that Doom takes place hundreds of years from now (over 700 as suggested by the Doom Bible), and a fashionable gun like this would be an ANTIQUE at that time. If you really want to think about a future pistol that runs on bullets...
1. 10mm armor piercing caseless ammunition, 15 to 21 in a magazine
2. DAMNED accurate, DAMNED reliable
3. Select fire (semi-auto, triple shot burst, full auto)
I mean, hell, Glock already makes a 10mm pistol that reliable and they already make a select fire combat pistol as well. A Desert Eagle can fail to fire underwater and you want this cute thing to be the default sidearm for the UAC's troopers? Sheesh.

3-Shotgun/Super Shotgun

Please don't tell me you want a pump action.. those things have been obsolete since the fucking 70's. Super shotgun? What makes it super? A cape? Now if you said double barrelled drum fed semi-auto closed chamber assault shotgun you would've had my attention.

4-Chaingun

The old id standby, I see. I guess I can't argue too much.

5-M-16

Now what the hell? You want to put an assault rifle into the mix? Why not take it a step further? Why don't we included an attached underbarrel shotgun? Fire 5.56 rifle, alt-fire 12 gauge. A very rounded weapon that ALSO removes the need for 2 separate shotguns. I haven't seen one of those in a video game yet.

6-Grenade Launcher

Sure, why not. The explosion should kill everything within a 25 to 30 foot radius though, no more of these faggoty video game explosions we're used to. This kinda shit is like taking a Nuclear bomb and only having kill everything in a 100 foot radius (like UT), it's just SUCH bastardization (like calling the deadly weapon Nunchaku 'Nunchucks').

7-Rocket Launcher

Hey, I've bitched about how fake and cartoony all of these damn things have been before and I don't feel the need to bring it up again. Fuck it.

8-Sniper Rifle

Does this really fit the alone, in hell and swarmed by an army of daemon feel that IS Doom?

9-Plasma Rifle

Not going to add to it? No specific alt-fire? Hmm.

0-BFG 15000

Well at least it has a bigger number.

or maybe the sniper rifle could be the Railgun...

Or maybe I could just kill myself. Jesus, ERASER SUCKED, and the railgun has been SO overdone it should just be fucking buried and forgotten.

ZarcyB said:

;)

I like your new pic.

Seriously, this is the first time I see someone posting DooM3 specific data in the General forum. I'm pretty much used to the General-like topics in the DooM 3 forum, tough...

Guest Krezy mAn

i'd love to see these
1 fist
2 a frigging chainsaw!
3 a h&k mk 23(socom for you metal gear freaks)
4 a shotgun (prefably 12 guage with full-auto capabilities no pump-action sh*t)
5 bring back my favorite:the super shotgun (8 guage,semi auto,hehe)
6 an assault rifle
7 a chaingun (.50 caliber rounds)
8 a grenade launcher(full auto)
9 a laser rifle (sniper rifle,whatever it take to snipe demons before they rip yer friggin head off)
10 the spray rifle(?) from the doom bible (5 years of doom)
11 a rocket launcher like turok 2
12 railgun ("i can shoot da demon through 6 walls!")
13 the mutha of all guns ,The BFG (like q3a)
what about that,deadnail?

i'd love to see these
1 fist

Why can't you see your own fists? Bah, hand to hand instead of punching... you might survive close combat with a demon from hell that way.

2 a frigging chainsaw!

Not just any old regular chainsaw, eh?

3 a h&k mk 23(socom for you metal gear freaks)

A .45 is acceptable, and the design is nice. No silencers or laser sights or gold plating or any other MEANINGLESS shit though.

4 a shotgun (prefably 12 guage with full-auto capabilities no pump-action sh*t)

Full auto? It would need a bullpup design and some hella compensation. Look up a USAS-12 instead, I think that this thing (with the 20 round drums, not the 10 round clips) would make a perfect game shotgun.

5 bring back my favorite:the super shotgun (8 guage,semi auto,hehe)

Double barrelled 8 gauge? Wow. What the hell are you trying to kill, a Tyranosaurus? Fuck man, that thing would literally kick back so hard the Doom marine would be sent back about five feet and the blast (they only make 8 gauge slugs, no buckshot) would tear a fucking Cyberdemon in two.

Who the fuck needs a railgun? You could shoot down a helicopter with a damned 8 gauge, LET ALONE a double barrelled one!

Of course, this isn't mentioning the fact that it would make you DEAF.

6 an assault rifle

Same lack of detail... see my earlier rant.

7 a chaingun (.50 caliber rounds)

.50? .50 what? .50 Magnum AE pistol rounds? .50 BMG rounds? If you mean Magnum AE pistol rounds there'd be no point, the traditional M-134 shoots 5.56 rifle, A MUCH BETTER round. You can't possibly mean .50 BMG, that's just fucking rediculous. One shot of those would kill three cyberdemons lined up, let alone a full auto! You couldn't even mount one of those on a Helicopter without crashing it... you could only plant something like that on the bow of a warship! Sheesh.

8 a grenade launcher(full auto)

Bad idea, fundamentally. So you have a stream of grenades with about 30 to 50 feet space between them... first one goes off... the next one gets in the blast and goes off... and so on... and then you have a chain reaction explosion right back into your damn face. No fun. I would much prefer the Q2 styled grenade launcher, with blasts at least 5 times as big and deadly.

9 a laser rifle (sniper rifle,whatever it take to snipe demons before they rip yer friggin head off)

Hypothetical. Ten demons are charging you like a bat out of hell from 15 feet away. Do you want to:
A-Mow them down with machinegun fire.
B-Run away, find a safe spot, take aim, and kill each one with a single shot over the course of a minute of aiming 'cuz they're still running around below you.

This is Doom, not that faggoty shit-poor-excuse-for-a-game Counter-Strike. Action, not stealth. What good is stealth going to do against THE INVADING ARMIES OF HELL? They can smell you from a hundred feet away.

10 the spray rifle(?) from the doom bible (5 years of doom)

Interesting choice... although a well done shotgun would erase the need for it.

11 a rocket launcher like turok 2

The Scorpion, eh? A three barrelled rocket launcher with a homing function would be nice. I like the Cerebral Bore better though.

12 railgun ("i can shoot da demon through 6 walls!")

Die.

13 the mutha of all guns ,The BFG (like q3a)

You picked the WORST possible style! That's not a fucking gun, it's nothing more than a rocket launcher that fires twice as fast. Gay. Liberache gay.

Instead, let's have this for the bfg:
Fire: Shoots a green ball of death ala Q2. Does NOT shoot rays at the enemies. When it hits, a lightning bolt connects the ball to the barrel of the gun (not directly either, a realistic curving lightning bolt). Because of this, you are not allowed to switch weapons while you have the orb o' death out. You can charge it... using at least 20 cells and at most 60. The more used the more damage it does, and the more savage the lightning bolt is.
Fire2: Fires off a green shockwave with the user at the center... completely defensive in nature. When fully charged it destroys EVERYTHING in a 75 foot radius, including the user. Suicide, primarily a DM function.

Unless (SP ONLY!)... when fully charged... you can release the alt-fire to just DROP the gun and run like hell, five seconds later... BOOOM, lightning spraying everywhere and a huge blast.

what about that,deadnail?

Some things have issues, such as the railgun (yuck) and the .50 (fifty WHAT?) chaingun... but hey, it's better than the one that started this thread.

We obviously dont ahve any control over what kinds of wepaons they will ahve in the game.

They might decide that we sohuld only ahve four weapons that perform multiple functions (like hexen maybe), I personally dont want this setup (and didnt like it in hexen either).

I think there should be lots of weapons, and I also belive that you should be able to use most of all of them within the space of one episode - but not all at once.

I opt for more "energy" weapons, since i assume that doom3 will take place farther into the future than any of the quake series or doom did.

I a do wish that they would get the gameplay balance corret on any of the explosive wepaons - shoot something at point blank range and you take 100+ damage (unlike the quake series, point blank attacks with rockets are a nice method of killing people).

Zaldron said:

HELL NO!! I'M TIRED OF THE "NEW MONSTER/LEVEL/WEAPON/POWERUP" TOPICS!!!!

Especially when they're nothing "new" at all. ANOTHER Doom2 arsenal with 2 or 3 new tweaks? What'll they think of next, a brown cacodemon that spits out lost souls instead of lightning balls?

Guest Krezy mAn
deadnail said:

i CAN see my fist,dumbass
hey,a .50 bmg would be MUCH better than the one in doom,which fires PISTOL rounds!
the socom COULD fire .45 caseless (i made it up)
yer right,an 8ga ssg would blow yer fucking shoulder off just shooting it,12ga is better.
NO FUCKING RAILGUN.
a q2 bfg? kewl.
i never thought about the laser rifle,good point .
oh,the assault rifle COULD be the K7 Avenger from PD,or the Dragon.
the m4 carbine w/shotgun is in delta force 2
oh yeah, i'm a proud repuplican,too BUSH IS DA MAN.

"i CAN see my fist,dumbass"

Congratulations, dumbass, you found a joke.

"hey,a .50 bmg would be MUCH better than the one in doom,which fires PISTOL rounds!"

Originally the SHOTGUN in Doom was going to use pistol rounds. I think we're beyond this point of videogamism right now. BTW, 50 BMG rounds kick as bad as an 8 gauge, and you want to shoot off 1200 of them a MINUTE? Ha.

"the socom COULD fire .45 caseless (i made it up)"

It still doesn't look quite right... a little small for a future pistol.

"yer right,an 8ga ssg would blow yer fucking shoulder off just shooting it,12ga is better."

That's what they hunt Elephants with, it won't fucking kill you. Marines carry an M10, which is a short barrel 10 gauge.

"NO FUCKING RAILGUN."

Good. Cookie for you.

"a q2 bfg? kewl."

No comment on the lightning addition? Oh well.

"i never thought about the laser rifle,good point"

Still didn't I see. =)

"oh,the assault rifle COULD be the K7 Avenger from PD,or the Dragon"

It would be ancient, we need a new design for all the weapons. You don't see people in military bases running around with MUSKETS right now do you?

"the m4 carbine w/shotgun is in delta force 2"

The shotgun attachment on the old M4A1 doesn't really impress me, and that's a good point nonetheless. I'm talking about a full sized rifle with the shotgun built right in, so it holds 8 shells.

"oh yeah, i'm a proud repuplican,too BUSH IS DA MAN."

Oh cool, gimme back that poisoned cookie, have this one instead.

Guest Krezy mAn

5.56 mm chaingun sounds good.
NOTE i said SSG,not elephant gun.
the lightning idea was cool,but why waist a perfectly new bfg?
"You don't see people in military bases running around with MUSKETS right now do you?"
accually i have.
the shotgun idea would be cool on a rifle,have you heard of the crossfire mk 1 .223/12ga?it's like that.but the shotgun holds 5 rds,not 8.
Al Gore sucks big ones

5.56 chaingun sounds good.

I hope so, that's the only type you can carry. The 7.62 NATO ones have to be mounted.

NOTE i said SSG,not elephant gun.

Bah, it still wouldn't rip your arm right off, although it would certainly break something I'd rather not have broken. =)

the lightning idea was cool,but why waist a perfectly new bfg?

How original is id anyway? Not very if you look at their releases. I'm just talking expansion, because something totally original simply isn't going to happen.

accually i have.

Cute. For what, an award ceremony? They're handed M4A1 Carbine assault rifles as standard equipment.

the shotgun idea would be cool on a rifle,have you heard of the crossfire mk 1 .223/12ga?it's like that.but the shotgun holds 5 rds,not 8.

Yes and Doom 3 takes place 700 years from now, I think they would know how to add 3 more damn shells to the tube magazine. Still, this weapon could replace the shotgun for an interesting twist...

Best shotgun: SSG
Best machinegun: Chaingun
In between: Slower machinegun with built in slower shotgun

I know which one I would always have ready when entering a dark room... which will probably be every single room in Doom 3. =P

Al Gore sucks big ones

I'm not so sure he's gay (he seems to like kissing his wife on television) but I certainly disagree with his political agenda.

Guest Krezy mAn

"...thats the only type you can carry."
you mean to tell me you can't carry a .308 but you can carry a .223?WTF?
"Cute.For what,an award ceremony?"
yeah,accually it was an award ceremony.
"I'm not so sure he's gay..."
i'm sure Gore aint gay,but he goes for things i don't,like abortion,gay rights*shivers*,you know.
"I know which one i'd have ready when entering a dark room..."
i'd pick a machinegun.

btw,what would YOU like to see on doom3?
(enemies,weapons,levels,whatever)

"you mean to tell me you can't carry a .308 but you can carry a .223?WTF?"

There are two types of gattling guns. The bigass one (Matrix) fires 7.62 NATO rounds and has to be mounted. The smaller one, aka the Minigun (Predator, Terminator 2) fires 5.56.

I'd like to see you fire a full on gattling gun and still be standing... as it is, the minigun is attached to your back by a fucking crane!

"yeah,accually it was an award ceremony."

I remember seeing a news highlight on that.

"btw,what would YOU like to see on doom3?
(enemies,weapons,levels,whatever)"

I think Doom 3 needs enemies, weapons, levels wouldn't hurt and it will need a whole helluva lot of whatever to ensure that it's a GAME and not a 3D card benchmarking program.

Guest Krezy mAn

GE makes miniguns,don't they? i think the M-134 is made by GE.

1 - hth, knife, gauntlets, chainsword...

2 - Field Pistol (10mm), ArmRifle (attaches to the arm, fires 8mm high velocity rounds semi-auto).

3 - Field Rifle (20mm, caseless, looks sorta like the rifle from aliens, semi auto only).

4 - Automatic rifle (8mm high velocity, full auto but pretty slow full-auto at that [300-500 rounds/minute]).

5 - Heavy Assault Rifle (8mm, triple barrel minigun assembly, have to stop or slow down to fire it, recoil moves you backwards).

6 - Explosives Launcher (20mm, fired as a rocket, gravity projectile [grenade], or mine [grenade that sits there until someone gets near it], does just under lethal damage).

7 - RippBlaster Rifle (fires lots of small pins [4mm] that are white-hot and travel fast).

8 - Plasma Rifle (fires bolts of plasma, or in alternate mode fires particle beams... single blast takes time to recharge and does just under lethal damage, beam attack).

9 - Heavy Plasma Assualt Cannon (aka, BFG, this time it effects everything that can be seen from the ball's standpoint when it explodes instead of what the player sees, trace damage doesnt accumulate either, hits everything with equal intensity regardless of the number of opponents)

Guest Krezy mAn

cool.but whats a chain sword?

Guest DIRE
deadnail said:

Where can i get this Doom bible you speak of?

D|RE

Guest Cacodemon Leade

Okay now my turn..

1. fist/chainsaw
2. ye ole pistol
3. Shotgun/Super Shotgun/Ton-o-damage Shotgun
4. Chain Gun/Super MP1890 Machine Gun
5. Grenade Launcher/Rocket Launcher/Multi-Rocket Launcher
6. Plasma Gun/Plasma Discharge Cannons
7. BFG9000/Nuclear BFG
8. Unmaker/Dark Claw

Note that the number beside the weapons are selected by a number on your keyboard.