Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
skadoomer

How did you get into doom?

Heh, lets all tell stories about how we first got addicted to this game that has us ranting and raving in the dw forms.

I first got into doom back in '94 when i got a 5 finger discount on the retail version of doom. Only i didn't have a computer to play it on. So i tried installing it on my firends 386, which proved to be quite unsucesful. Then in '95, got a computer and put doom on it and loved the fuckin thing. A few monts later i happened to get my hands on a copy of doom II (thank you planet warez!) and i havn't put it down since.

Again? You know, this topic is almost in EVERY thread. In fact, I think there's one of these in thread2 or thread3... :)

skadoomer said:

Heh, lets all tell stories about how we first got addicted to this game that has us ranting and raving in the dw forms.

I typed "Doom" at the DOS prompt.

Guest Bloodspill25

My dad was into games with guns and shit like that so one day he went to the egghead store and bought doom and after awhile he got board with it so I started playing and i was only like 6 years old so i got hooked

Bloodspill25 said:

My dad was into games with guns and shit like that so one day he went to the egghead store and bought doom and after awhile he got board with it so I started playing and i was only like 6 years old so

Wow, that was basically the same thing that happened with me. I don't think it was an egghead store, and I'm not sure how old I was...

I played it and liked it, and I imagine thats the same for everyone, can we please move on?

Guest Krezy mAn

i started with wolfenstein in '93,then when doom came out,i got the shareware version,loved the damn game,and finally bought the full version.when doom 2 came out i thought i had died,and now i am waiting for doom 3.i hope it's as good(or better) as doom was when it first came out.

Guest Krezy mAn
deadnail said:

The SNES version was my gateway drug.

i forgot about the super nintendo version.
i played it for pc,saturn(sucked),and the n64.

Guest Krezy mAn
Lüt said:

I typed "Doom" at the DOS prompt.

so did i,what a coincidence!
duh,dumbass

Guest Gruson

I loved Wolfenstein 3d. I logged on to one of the local BBSs and saw a game called Doom (said it was like Wolfenstein).

I downloaded it and was blown away and then called up all of my friends....the rest is history.

I was a wolfenstein fan and then one day a freind of my dad's told him (and conversely me) about this hot new 3d game that was coming out... had to have a 386 to run it so I ended up upgrading (from 286).

THat 386 was around for a long time.

Wasn't long before I was taking screenshots of the game and modifying them in dpaint2.

Didn't get quake1 until about '98, quake2 until recently (a few months back), and quake3demo until a few days ago (heh, and it sux).

I'm a gamer. Games are my life. Doom is a good game. Makes sense to me.

Guest Cacodemon Leade

DOOM 32X for me. 'Nuff Said.