• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bloodspill25

Which is better.......

Guest Bloodspill25

Which is better quake II for PC or Playstation

That depends on what kind of PC you have.

I have a P3-450 with 256 megs of ram and a Voodoo3. Using WickedGL drivers I can run Quake 2 at 1024 by 768 SMOOTH AS GLASS.

However, the Playstation has only a 75mhz processor and only a single meg of video ram. So... comparably speaking, the Playstation version is much better than a computer with the exact same system specs. =)

I would say that the pc version is better.
It has much nicer graphics, more responsive controls, etc...

The PC version. The only problems with the psx version are that you can't duck (they did fix the enviornments so you don't hav to), you can't adjust the sensitivity of the sticks (they're VERY touchy) and it has only about half the levels. The game is still beautifully done.

If you were to compare the N64 and PSX versions of Q2 however, the PSX version would win hands down. Sure, the N64 has better graphics, but it sucks in all other areas. Here's what the PSX has that the N64 doesn't:

-more fluid gameplay (at 2 megs vs 8 megs of ram), even in 4 player split screen.
-dual analog
-hub levels. the n64 is very linear, with tiny levels
-the original rocking music
-a low $20 price tag compared to $50-60

deadnail said:

That depends on what kind of PC you have.

I have a P3-450 with 256 megs of ram and a Voodoo3. Using WickedGL drivers I can run Quake 2 at 1024 by 768 SMOOTH AS GLASS.

However, the Playstation has only a 75mhz processor and only a single meg of video ram. So... comparably speaking, the Playstation version is much better than a computer with the exact same system specs. =)

heh, i now have a 850mhz AMD Duron processor
with 196mb ram pc100 and PC133
with a geforce 2 ultra 64mb DDR
this runs q3 at about 150FPS

sorry, i know this was a bit off topic :PPPPPP

Peoples:

The PC version will *always* be better than a console version.

I second that. And it applies to basically every title in the world. As long as the original is PC-based, of course...

Guest Cacodemon Leade
RTC_Marine said:

heh, i now have a 850mhz AMD Duron processor
with 196mb ram pc100 and PC133
with a geforce 2 ultra 64mb DDR
this runs q3 at about 150FPS

sorry, i know this was a bit off topic :PPPPPP

Now that's some system RTC_Marine that you have!

elbryan42 said:

The PC version. The only problems with the psx version are that you can't duck (they did fix the enviornments so you don't hav to), you can't adjust the sensitivity of the sticks (they're VERY touchy) and it has only about half the levels. The game is still beautifully done.

If you were to compare the N64 and PSX versions of Q2 however, the PSX version would win hands down. Sure, the N64 has better graphics, but it sucks in all other areas. Here's what the PSX has that the N64 doesn't:

-more fluid gameplay (at 2 megs vs 8 megs of ram), even in 4 player split screen.
-dual analog
-hub levels. the n64 is very linear, with tiny levels
-the original rocking music
-a low $20 price tag compared to $50-60

well if you look at n64 specs and playstation specs, playstation can render more polygons then n64, thou n64 cpu speed is faster, also n64 looks better coze of antialiesing