Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

a project for those who can edit...

Well.. I just played the wad for the Spawning Vats from the 32x version of Doom. It's the same level as PSX Doom as well! It even has the Doom 2 enemies in Ultra Violence mode! It's on my site in the "wads from console doom" dir with Redemption Denied.

Here's a suggestion... We have the music. We have the sounds. Now all we need is the modified & extra levels from PSX Doom. Since it's 59 levels, that could be 2 Doom 2 wads. One for Ultimate Doom & one for Doom 2. We have 2 of the levels (kinda, SV could use some editing, like adding the Macubus in the courtyard, and the secret exit).

Unfortunately I suck big time at level editing. I don't know the first thing about it. But I'm assuming it won't be that much work (changing enemy placements, changing level structure, etc) so if anyone, or a group of people would like to take the project on, with my music & Esco's sounds, it would be one of the best wads out there! Especially if the PSX exclusive levels such as "The Marshes", "The Mansion", & "Twilight Descends" (my fave) are included.

Anyone interested?

If someone has a PSX CD ripper, that would be even more useful towards this project.

Go the the Castlevania Dungeon. I saw a PS CD ripper program for Download there. It May be what you're looking for.. but I could be mistaken! I know for everyone who want the atmosphereic tunes from PS Doom you can for sure get them that way though! To find the site.. do a castlevania search on yahoo, the it should come up.

I would, except I don't have a playstation or psx Doom. I was gonna do a 32X-Doom conversion for Doom2, but only got that one level done so far. One of these days...

My guess is that when they ported over the levels to the psx, they used the 32x and Jaguar levels. That would be great if you do those.

By the way, when you added the doom 2 enemies, how'd you know where they go? They're in almost the exact same spots as the PSX version (except for one enemy). Great job by the way!

Lost Soul said:

Go the the Castlevania Dungeon. I saw a PS CD ripper program for Download there. It May be what you're looking for.. but I could be mistaken! I know for everyone who want the atmosphereic tunes from PS Doom you can for sure get them that way though! To find the site.. do a castlevania search on yahoo, the it should come up.

I think the one on the Castlevania Dungeon is just a movie ripper. I think I already asked around here about the psx wad files (they are .wad, just like the pc), and the answer I got is that they're not compatible. As for ripping the psx music, it's in a different type of file than most psx games. Thus, no ripper out can rip the music.

By they way, I go to the Castlevania Dungeon almost as much as Doomworld. I LOVE Castlevania. 10 Days until Castlevania: Circle of the Moon! And Castlevania Chronicles just came out in Japan for the PSX. I'll be importing one for sure (I have a feeling it won't make it over here).

Still... rip the WADs from PSX Doom, and we'll see what we can do with them. :->

elbryan42 said:

My guess is that when they ported over the levels to the psx, they used the 32x and Jaguar levels. That would be great if you do those.

By the way, when you added the doom 2 enemies, how'd you know where they go? They're in almost the exact same spots as the PSX version (except for one enemy). Great job by the way!

Are you serious? I just threw the enemies in, I had no idea where they actually went. I figured each scene could use one or two, just for an added surprise. It was gonna be map16 in some Doom2 PC I had going but never finished, and needed some bigger enemies for being later in the game.

You know what else I realized? After I had finished the level, I thought to myself: crap, I shoulda worked at converting the rest of the sections of the map also! You know, done the rest of the missing parts over in 32X style also. Oh well... one of these days... :)

Guest Cacohie Bunker

Now someone has got to remake another console DOOM level! I think if I have the time I might actually remake MAP01 of PSX DOOM.

I think I'm gonna fire up 32X Doom and take a look at some of the levels. I remember E2M2 not doing much of anything besides losing about 3/4 of it's size, and E2M1 used a lot of BIGBRIK1 and BIGBRIK2, the brown and grey Doom2 giant-brick textures from MAP05. E2M4 I know was considerably different, but again I think the PC version was a good deal better. E2M5 got the E2M2 treatment, as did E2M6. I know they had some original textures in E2M6; something like a modified COMPSPAN, it looked a lot rougher. The rest of the E1 levels were basically the same thing with a fair amount of detail removed. E3 didn't exist in 32X Doom.