Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Amaster

Teleporter silliness

Ok, this is probably so simple that only I could get it wrong.

I've got my first lovely map which, to my surprise, is actually coming along as I'd hoped. But here's my dillema:
I'd like to have a bunch of demons teleport into a room after the player steps over a certain area. Now I know how to make a teleporter (at least I think I do) but I cant get this to work at all. Nothing happens. IIRC the baddies have to walk across across the proper linedef in order to be transported. But they always start out, and remain, stationary. How can I get them to wake up and cross that damn line when I want them to?!!
This is probably the simplest most common feature in every wad out there yet I cant figure it out. Help please.

Im using Wadauthor if it matters.

2 ways to do this, the second one is neater.

1). Connect the room with the monsters to the rest of the level with a very narrow passage.

2). Change the sector references so that the sidedefs somewhere in the area with the monsters (which are to be teleported) refer to a sector in the level (preferrably close to the teleport destination).

Ingenious!!!

I tried that second suggestion. Never thought something like that would work.

Assmaster said:

Ingenious!!!

I tried that second suggestion. Never thought something like that would work.

well the thing is you have to wake up the demons first.

and when you do that second one, you're essentially making the two sectors the same sector, and sound will carry across "them".

I have a question about teleporters. I have two teleporters. One I walk into and I come out at the other teleporter. But when I walk into that teleporter to return to point of origin, I wind just teleporting in the same spot. I don't go anywhere, I just see a teleport flash and I'm standing in the exact same spot.
What do I do?

Erik said:

2). Change the sector references so that the sidedefs somewhere in the area with the monsters (which are to be teleported) refer to a sector in the level (preferrably close to the teleport destination).

What? I'm a bit confused over what you mean...