Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adriannus

You may like this monster intro for the demon

Guest Adriannus

**It's kind of long, but it's not too bad. My first shot, no pun intended, at writing "Doom literature". :)**

"Damn...should've paid more attention in basic training..." he said with a smirk. Only this time it won't be the drill instructor who'd be down his throat. Now he had to answer to whatever lay down that corrugated metal corridor. With a warming thought of punching a fist-sized hole in any sonofabitch beast that killed Trevor, he reloads his trusty 12 gauge shotgun with a few more rounds.

"Godammnit, you should've been more careful -- stupid shit..."

His thoughts drifted back to a gut-wrenching scene that played it's melodrama from what couldn't be as long as five minutes ago. Trevor, he friend since bootcamp, had endured everything from the insults their drill instructor threw at them, the pushups, the marches on the blood red soil of Mars, even the messhall food. And now...now he was dead. Just another carcass. Another kill. Another dead marine. But he was still Trevor in his mind and they were still buddies, even with the canyon of death between them. The very thought of decorating the walls with the entrails of those unthinking beasts, to spurt their viscous insides out simply made him grin like a boy who got his first bike.

He even remembered how Trevor died. It wasn't that he was too late, but he was held back himself. He watched his friend die in front of him, but he saw the whole thing -- all of it, out of just the corner of his eye. How he died. The fact that Trevor died wasn't what upset him so much as what they actually did to him before he could get over their. The screams of his torment reverberated anew in his skull and tore his heart because of his helplessness... two creatures, earth-toned in color and almost six feet in height with strang, bony protrusions emerging from their shoulders while somewhat humanoid in shape were tearing their claws into his abdomen and he could hear every rib break, every sinew tear, and when they began consuming his intestines, he couldn't hold still any longer. With a shout, he tackled a similar creature near him and jammed the barrel of his shotgun into its face with a freakish cackle of joy. The other skittered away down the hall with a rasp of anger and terror intertwined..."I'll get back to that one," he said with a grin.

He quickly wiped the brains, blood and other materials off of his visor and sprinted the 15 feet to his friend and saw a fear in those eyes that couldn't be abated... He couldn't even talk to him or say any last words. He only had about ten seconds left anyway. He just gently pulled his friend's helmet off and held his arm, because that's all he knew how to endear and care. And then it was over. Trevor was dead.

With a fresh tear sliding down his cheek, which collided into the visor of his helmet, he stalked down the hall with a new hate that consumed him, burned inside of him just like the fire that had spread so far across the base. In the area ahead, he could see that the power was failing...the lights were poor and flickering.

"Those things aren't going to be on much longer -- I'd better check my map."

On the underside of his helmet, near his neck, there was a black button, which he pressed. His automap, a hologram, appeared in front of the visual range of his headgear. It covered everything -- everything up until the next antechamber he had to march further into.

"Damn...I'm going to be flying blind here, just about..."

There was a button on the adjacent side of his helmet, only red in color, which he then pressed. A small light stretched about ten feet in front of him, which was about two feet in diameter, ate into the darkness, but was then swallowed up.

He gingerly stepped around the holes that were eaten into the titanium walkways and went into the darkness. The silence was consuming all the sanity in his mind...he was trapped with his thoughts and he didn't like any of them. He almost wanted, desired for something to find him, just so he wouldn't have to think about his friend anymore. He didn't want Trevor to become one of those mindless...things he had to shoot before. Every face haunted him, because he new most of them from patrol duty. He continued down the hall, which continually grew darker and darker, until he rounded a corner and made five feet and then he stopped in his tracks.

A deep rumbling pervaded the air and a rank stench. He peered harder and saw two dim yellow orbs peering back at him. He heard two 'k-thunks' as whatever it was menacingly drew near and the two yellow spheres bobbed at him from the darkness -- he realized those eyes were connected to a larger head of something with a monstrous mouth as teeth clenched on air inches from his helmet. He pumped his shotgun and fired a round in the general direction of his hidden assailant. There was a deep growl of anger...almost of irritation as he heard five more k'-thunks' and the..."it" leaped suddenly to his side and those massive teeth found his left arm and gripped it like the dying grip onto the living. His second shot went wild and he heard the slugs meet the concrete wall with a small, short-lived shower of sparks...

That was friggin good.Unlike me for the one other post I replied to with a Doom story of 'my own'.Of course I get accused of copying it when I thought it up myself,why would I copy trash?!
Anyways I deleted my reply seeing as it isent 'good' because im accused of bullshit.So yah know what,in the near future i'll post up my fraggin story that I wrote for school,the very famous one that got me accused of satanic worshipping from my bastard pricapal.Somewhere here or at mythos outpost so you can see it's all frikkin original!It would of been better to post it here if this place had a literature section,oh well.

Guest Adriannus

Hey, thanks, nightmare imp.

Your welcome.You say this is your first shot(no pun intended) at Doom literature,hell that was an awsome story.Yah know I written my own novels for each Doom game.(Not copied,all original,but same concept of first person of me being the Doom marine).They were about 100-150 pages long and , rewrote them again,just last summer.Im gonna try to get em on computer and than put em up on the Doom Mythos outpost,if I can somehow,might take awhile for me to put them bad boys on computer,but paitence is a virtue!

Guest Adriannus

Like I said, thanks. :) That's too cool that you wrote some novels that long. I never have that patience. But we could, if you want, try something sometime. Or make a Doomstory site. Eh, who knows? :) You're good too.

Wow.

You and Rick Clark, man, you and Rick Clark: the REAL Doom novel. There's something I'd read.

Guest Adriannus

Thanks Lut. But Rick Clark? I haven't read any of his stuff. Where can I find it? (btw, co-authoring w/him sounds cool)

nightmare imp said:

That was friggin good.Unlike me for the one other post I replied to with a Doom story of 'my own'.Of course I get accused of copying it when I thought it up myself,why would I copy trash?!
Anyways I deleted my reply seeing as it isent 'good' because im accused of bullshit.So yah know what,in the near future i'll post up my fraggin story that I wrote for school,the very famous one that got me accused of satanic worshipping from my bastard pricapal.Somewhere here or at mythos outpost so you can see it's all frikkin original!It would of been better to post it here if this place had a literature section,oh well.

I wasn't saying it was unoriginal... but it did bear a resemblance to several parts of the first Doom novel (which was the best in most peoples' opinions anyway... best of a lot of dreck :->)

Adriannus said:

Rick Clark?

Wildman.

He writes some pretty good stuff. He posted some UT fiction a few posts down in the one titled "New Fiction". It looks like he doesn't have his website up though, there was more there.

Awesome! Wee, what fun. Would you mind replying to my post "DOOM story time"? Dang, it's rare (if ever) I read doom stuff and crave more.

Adriannus said:

Like I said, thanks. :) That's too cool that you wrote some novels that long. I never have that patience. But we could, if you want, try something sometime. Or make a Doomstory site. Eh, who knows? :) You're good too.

Yes, you should make a doomstory site or write a novel. Man, write a novel. Would be so sweet. See, you write with "showing" not telling. This is what our fiction writing teacher kept telling us to do, but I could never manage it. You pull it off *very* well. I just ate that story up. Too bad it stopped. I would like to follow Flynn's journey, unless that demon finished him off. At any rate, you should seriously think about writing a DOOM novel. If I could write, I would retell the whole DOOM game, episode 1 through 3, reviving the levels. You could pick up from where id left off. I think you should write it in the 3rd person. You seem to do it really well. Describing the carnage associated with Trevor's death was so well done.

I dunno, on second thought, it would be more interesting to tell an original story starting from the end of episode 3 when our hero gets to return to the green fields of earth only to find it's been attacked as well.

Katgut said:

I wasn't saying it was unoriginal... but it did bear a resemblance to several parts of the first Doom novel (which was the best in most peoples' opinions anyway... best of a lot of dreck :->)

Okay,I admit it did bear a resemblence,but it wasent to me.I wrote it under eight minutes,I used whatever ran through my mind thats all.