Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

DOOMWOLRD to help me with a school paper?...

...who woulda thought.

I am writing a paper on the causes for young people to shoot up their schools. I would greatly appreciate peoples' opinions on what led to the Columbinesque incidences of late. Thanks.

Here's my thoughts on the matter.

Bad parenting.

Here's what I have to say to the parents of the columbine shooters:
----------------------------
Come on! How could you not see the fucking pipebombs sitting on your kid's fuckin dresser! How could you NOT see the bomb materials in the garage and basement? You obviously didn't spend very much time with your kids. Let alone set foot in MANY of the rooms of your own fuckin house!

How could you not spend enough time with your kids? Who raised them? Was it the computer games...or was it the violent music? Why didn't you raise them, instead of letting computer games raise them?
----------------------------

The parents seemed incapable of raising their kids properly.

NOTE: I am a big supporter of violent and gory computer games. I am not trying to blame the games, nor music and violent movies as a cause of this.

What I do blame, is the parents effectively allowing various forms of media to act as a full time babysitter for their kids.

If only some parents would have followed this advice here:

***Let your kids enjoy the media...but don't let the media raise them***

Lüt said:

MTV's JACKASS!

Pro wrestling and crack pipes.

And I think Lut's mind control device has something to do with it, too.

Guest Nuno Correia
Lüt said:

MTV's JACKASS!

WHAT YOU SAY! Jackass kicks ass :)

It wasn't airing when the Columbine incident happened anyway.

Guest Liam the Bard

For my science fair project not too long ago I was going to see how the amount of sleep I got the last day affected the place where I die in doom2 :) Too bad it wasn't approved of.......

Oh and the reason for the school shootings? Bad parenting and neglect for what was happening to the kids. See amanichen's post below.

amanichen said:

I say it is emotional problems, combined with bad parenting. If you are mad fun of or you feel like people hate you, or something of that sort, you get mad. The anger eventually builds up. If you don't have anyone to talk to (parents or friends), then you will eventually do something. In this case it got really bad.

Amen. I completely agree with you. It's pretty natural to have those kinda feelings about someone, if he/she bugs you like hell all the time... I don't feel sorry for the kids who got shot (that is, if they really bullied those kids ofcourse).

katgut said:

Pro wrestling and crack pipes.

And I think Lut's mind control device has something to do with it, too.

MY MASTER'S MIND DEVICE CONTROL DOES NOT EXIST. I NEED TO SATISFY HIS NEEDS, BECAUSE HE IS MY GOD.

Lüt said:

MTV's JACKASS!

jackass kicks ass.
It's the only tv-show retarded enough for me to like it. =)

Here's a slightly different angle.

Although bad parenting is probably a root cause, why is there bad parenting now? Of course that assumes there used to be "good" parenting:) What is good parenting anyway?

So what I would do (fact and figures you know<g>) is define a base from which to argue your POV. If this is interesting to you (otherwise it's not so much fun - I used to HATE writing about stuff I didnt' give a dmn about) then you can give your opinion on how society somehow made all these subtle changes.

For example, communication is arguably a huge influence on how we accept events and our own goals. Example? If you go back 50 years they would jump out of their shorts on the words used on TV (much less internet stuff).

So take it from there (might help to interview older folks - like your parents, grandparents?).

Disorder said:

Amen. I completely agree with you. It's pretty natural to have those kinda feelings about someone, if he/she bugs you like hell all the time... I don't feel sorry for the kids who got shot (that is, if they really bullied those kids ofcourse).

I just think the kids had a few fucking screws loose in their heads.

Hellbent said:

I am writing a paper on the causes for young people to shoot up their schools.

sure as hell not doom

Guest Aradiel

What led up to the Columbine incident? Not enough attention to the two young killers. If their parents had given them enough attention and understanding (and affection), they would not have likely gone out and massacred the hapless kids in their school.

i used some sudgestions from here a wile back when i wrote my paper saying that humans are animals too and that violence is one of our ways, we are a preditor. it said that games, music and movies are not the cause and that violence is a part of us

deepteam said:

Here's a slightly different angle.

Although bad parenting is probably a root cause, why is there bad parenting now? Of course that assumes there used to be "good" parenting:) What is good parenting anyway?

So what I would do (fact and figures you know<g>) is define a base from which to argue your POV. If this is interesting to you (otherwise it's not so much fun - I used to HATE writing about stuff I didnt' give a dmn about) then you can give your opinion on how society somehow made all these subtle changes.

For example, communication is arguably a huge influence on how we accept events and our own goals. Example? If you go back 50 years they would jump out of their shorts on the words used on TV (much less internet stuff).

So take it from there (might help to interview older folks - like your parents, grandparents?).

Deep thoughts from Deepteam. You are a smart cookie.

deepteam said:

Although bad parenting is probably a root cause, why is there bad parenting now?

As a parent and grandparent, it is obvious to me that there is a definate degeneration in the parenting skills shown by *some* of todays parents. I think TV is a cause of some of it, it holds the parents attention too much so they tend to *switch off* while watching and do not pay attention to their children, it encourages them to just let their kids watch it, as it keeps them quiet and less troublesome, but it also decreases the amount of one on one relationships between the family.
It stops parents from disciplining their kids for some things, if some guy just said "blow it out ya ass" on TV it's probably hard to remonstrate with your child when he says something along the same lines.
TV has desensitised people to the harsher part of life, swearing, for example, driving past a young mother with 3 year old girl in tow, hearing her tell the child "Go on Shelly, tell your Auntie Jean to fuck off" and laughing, really brought that home to me the other week :(
To many people know so little of their child's behaviour because they have such little contact with them is probably the main downside. On TV last night a 13 year old boy was named for the 1st time on TV for having a social exclusion order against him from the Courts for terrorising his neighbourhood, threated to kill one guy with an axe, for eg.
His mother said on TV "He is a smashing little boy, but if people swear at him obviously he will retaliate" illustrating her TOTAL lack of knowledge about her own son and also her indifference to the social aspects around her....blah blah /me loses the plot and once again wanders off into senility..........

Thanks for the thoughtful comment. If one goes back in time, it becomes obvious that the family was much more a family unit than it is today - for the reasons you listed and then some.

I'm always amazed how simple things like this seem to escape the popular press. Oh well, back to DOOM and a more frivolous world.

Disorder said:

Amen. I completely agree with you. It's pretty natural to have those kinda feelings about someone, if he/she bugs you like hell all the time... I don't feel sorry for the kids who got shot (that is, i

Actually, I feel sorry for the victims. Their families are using them as a reason to get money. It also pisses me off how some people don't see life after high school, but who cares for my opinion.

ralphis said:

I just think the kids had a few fucking screws loose in their heads.

I think you have a couple of screws loose too...
j/k

Guest Nuno Correia

Don't worry. You're right.

Guest fraggle`

me. sorry people, its the truth. i totally apologise for any inconvenience.