Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Liam the Bard

Vavoom?

Guest Liam the Bard

Has anybody actually started editing with or using that port? I saw the pic of the day and it looks awesome but when I tried the source port in it's early days, it was crap. It looks to have improved, but i never really see any vavoom specific levels out there. If someone could clear this up for me, i'd be happy.

Thnx in advance.

I'm sorry to say that this is a source port that is less than the sum of its features.

If he would implement all those features into zdoom 1.22 it would own. EVERYTHING

I'd seriously have to disagree... Randy has a better implementation of skyboxes in 1.23b24, for example.

And most likely DoomScript will be way better than Vavoom's progs, because the DoomScript doesn't need to be compiled at all! I need to learn how to use it before I even start Vectorman DOOM.

Guest Nuno Correia

FOR ONCE you kind of make sense.

BTW: why did you make that remark on some TC you're (supposedly)doing? We don't care about what's going on your damn head!!

CacodemonLeader said:

And most likely DoomScript will be way better than Vavoom's progs, because the DoomScript doesn't need to be compiled at all! I need to learn how to use it before I even start Vectorman DOOM.

Interpreted languages suck.

See most implementations of BASIC.

Guest kristus
Arioch said:

I'd seriously have to disagree... Randy has a better implementation of skyboxes in 1.23b24, for example.

Arioch: we already know about the crappy ass skyboxes in Vavoom. we've seen them. It's a box with skyes on the sides.

zDoom and legacy got great sky boxes though.

Reason why there's no maps for vavoom is that it sucks for edeting maps. Kurt Kesler. the most openminded doomer there seem to be ever. Figured it must be a great port so he gave it a go. But a week later hi's responce was basicly.

Vavoom edeting sucks.