Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

A simple game...

Here's how it works: Someone describes a scene from DOOM 1 episodes 1 through 3 (I assume people know these the best) and the first person to identify what map the person is talking about gets to pick a scene and have people guess what scene they are describing. You are only allowed one guess. No cheating-- honor system. So no registering new names (like anyone would do that for a silly game like this)

I'll start. You're in a square room with green bricks. There are some green doors. One takes you to a cramped room with some barrels in it. The room comes to a point at one end. inside the pointy room is a secret containing 30 rockets, 200 cells, 50 health and 2 demons. Another door reveals an even smaller room: about equivalent to 64x64, with lava, a switch, and a BFG in it. The third door harbors a Baron, a soul sphere, 8 health potions and some other monsters.

So, what is the name and map number of the level I am referring to?

OK, you start off on top of a medium-high ledge. Directly in front are two Zombie Troops. Past them is a hallway. On your left is a door. Go inside. There are several ZTs waiting for on top of buton-operated blocks. Hit all the buttons,. and you'll see 30 health and the Green Armor. Come on, anybody should know this level!

DooMBoy said:

OK, you start off on top of a medium-high ledge. Directly in front are two Zombie Troops. Past them is a hallway. On your left is a door. Go inside. There are several ZTs waiting for on top of buton-operated blocks. Hit all the buttons,. and you'll see 30 health and the Green Armor. Come on, anybody should know this level!

EntryWay! Level 1 of Doom 2!

DooMBoy said:

30 health and the Green Armor

30 health? I think it's 20 but maybe I'm wrong, I played this level only a few thousand times in SP :p

nightmare imp said:

e3m4? It's gotta be House of Pain...

Yep, you got it NM imp. So you get to describe a scene now and have us guess what level it is. DOn't make it *too* easy.

nightmare imp said:

EntryWay! Level 1 of Doom 2!

Very Good! So it's 20 health. So sue me.
Another Level...
You start out in a room with a Berserk Pack, a RL and a couple of Rocket Boxes. When you go out, there are Green Pillars, SS Nazis, and tall brick walls that reach up to the ceiling. After defeating the Nazis, you come to a door. It opens a few feet in front of you, and out storms the CyberDemon! What level is it! (If you can't guess this, you've never played Doom2!)

Hellbent said:

Yep, you got it NM imp. So you get to describe a scene now and have us guess what level it is. DOn't make it *too* easy.

You start in a small room with marble walls,a pillar in the center of the room.Theres a switch on each side of the pillar.
Each switch corresponds to a door with a sacrificed Baron on each door.When you press a switch one of the doors open revealing a room full of rockets, a soul sphere and a rocket launcer.If it's on uv,you get lost souls in the outer courtyard and a big surprise awaits you.

Hmm... let's see... You have a room. The ways into it are 2 lifts one on each end. The floor is toxic waste except for an island with the chaingun and some boxes of bullets. Also, on another island connected to the wall there are some armor bonuses.

Name that map!

DooMBoy said:

Another Level...
You start out in a room with a Berserk Pack, a RL and a couple of Rocket Boxes. When you go out, there are Green Pillars, SS Nazis, and tall brick walls that reach up to the ceiling. After defeating the Nazis, you come to a door. It opens a few feet in front of you, and out storms the CyberDemon! What level is it! (If you can't guess this, you've never played Doom2!)

Let's not make this too hard, now.... *cough*

elbryan42 said:

Hmm... let's see... You have a room. The ways into it are 2 lifts one on each end. The floor is toxic waste except for an island with the chaingun and some boxes of bullets. Also, on another island connected to the wall there are some armor bonuses.

Name that map!

I'm stumped. Is it a level of DOOM episodes 1 through 3?

How about this one: You are on an island in a sea of lava inside a square wooden building. Inside the building is a radiation suit, a backpack, a cacodemon, a demon, and some former humans and seargents.

Okay. The level I'm thinking of involves a labyrinth. There are no zombiemen, and there is a backpack behind you at the start of the level. There are shotgun guys in the level and it is hard to reach the exit unless you know your strategy. Oh yeah, and no imps are in the level I'm thinking of. What is it?

Hellbent said:

I'm stumped. Is it a level of DOOM episodes 1 through 3?

How about this one: You are on an island in a sea of lava inside a square wooden building. Inside the building is a radiation suit, a backpack, a cacodemon, a demon, and some former humans and seargents.

The answer to yours: Mt Erebus

Hint to mine: a secret in episode 1

CacodemonLeader said:

Okay. The level I'm thinking of involves a labyrinth. There are no zombiemen, and there is a backpack behind you at the start of the level. There are shotgun guys in the level and it is hard to reach the exit unless you know your strategy. Oh yeah, and no imps are in the level I'm thinking of. What is it?

gate to limbo. e3m7

Correct! That's the level I was thinking of. The level was a pain in the neck when I first got to that level, but today it's a piece of cake.

DooMBoy said:

Another Level...

I know what the answer is DooMboy, it's one of the Secret Level maps, and it's the super-secret level known as MAP32: Grosse.

DooMBoy said:

Another Level...

Ooooh..... Jeesh, Eemmmmmmm let me think for a moment.

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

grosse!! hehe one of my fave all time dm levels

i got one...if you dont get this you suck...you start off in a small room with a door, you open the door and run down a hallway and then you see a huge 4-pronged star and only 4 enemies surround you..

Guest Nuno Correia

A long hallway with wide UAC pillars.

Between a couple of pillars, an access to a radiation room.

In the end of the hallway, a polygonal room with a slime pool in the center, an invulnerability sphere, and, besides some lesser demons, a baron of hell leading to the final room of that level.

This is pretty easy, aight?

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

i got one...if you dont get this you suck...you start off in a small room with a door, you open the door and run down a hallway and then you see a huge 4-pronged star and only 4 enemies surround you..

Super Mario Bros. 1--->Level 2-3, right??

Nuno Correia said:

In the end of the hallway, a polygonal room with a slime pool in the center, an invulnerability sphere, and, besides some lesser demons, a baron of hell leading to the final room of that level.

Seeing as I was gonna do the exact same scene, yeah. Haha, that is great. I suspicioned it immediately since I was gonna do the exact same place :p

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

e3m8 dis

Nuno Correia said:

You forgot to mention the inverted cross....

And I forgot to mention it was Spawning Vats (E2M7)

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

The Final Level of the game! E3M8 Dis! There is two Cacodemons, one Baron of Hell, and one Spider Mastermind! That wasn't so hard, was it?

CacodemonLeader said:

backpack gave it away for me.

Nuno Correia said:

I know! It's E2M7 from DOOM, also known as Spawning Vats!