Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bloodspill25

No NaMe No NaMe

Guest Bloodspill25

Does "anyone" do anything else besides play doom

I edit for Doom. That count?

Heheheheh.

No really, I play other games, but that's it. No actual 'life' - they're overrated ;)

well I never play doom (I played heretic a bit today, that doesn't count) so I sure as hell hope so.

I hardly ever play Doom or Doom2. I hate playing those. However, I do make maps for them. I hate that too, but I've started too much good stuff to let go unfinished, so I have to finish those. Heretic I've been playing lately, JHeretic actually. I'm working on my Heretic TC too, for the first time in like 4 years. I hate that game too, but not as much as Doom. JHeretic was fun though. I think I'd like them more if I could get some multiplayer games going. I'm sick of starting every level with the pistol/crystal wand and beating it to completion and there aren't many good custom levels left.

That said, the other stuff I spend most time doing is working on music, making websites and lifting weights. And looking for a cheap place to live. I have to do a resume this weekend also. I was supposed to do it last week. Even without a job I have almost no free time. Hell, I haven't updated my page in months. I still have to finish that Doom3 music contest too.

I hate games.

Well, I play Doom frequently, and Doom2 quite a bit, to either blow off steam when I'm mad, or just because I'm bored and don't have much to do. I've played The Ultimate Doom extensively today, as I just got it back. I've also been re-playing through Heretic(I beat it, all the way, last week)and when I'm not doing that, I'm either at work or somebody else's house, screwing around. I have a personal life, you know.

Lüt said:

I hardly ever play Doom or Doom2. I hate playing those. However, I do make maps for them. I hate that too, but I've started too much good stuff to let go unfinished, so I have to finish those. Heretic I've been playing lately, JHeretic actually. I'm working on my Heretic TC too, for the first time in like 4 years. I hate that game too, but not as much as Doom. JHeretic was fun though. I think I'd like them more if I could get some multiplayer games going. I'm sick of starting every level with the pistol/crystal wand and beating it to completion and there aren't many good custom levels left.

That said, the other stuff I spend most time doing is working on music, making websites and lifting weights. And looking for a cheap place to live. I have to do a resume this weekend also. I was supposed to do it last week. Even without a job I have almost no free time. Hell, I haven't updated my page in months. I still have to finish that Doom3 music contest too.

I hate games.

with the latest version of legacy out, I've been sorely tempted to make some boom-effects laden heretic levels.

I hardly ever play DooM or Heretic. Sometimes I load Hexen and fool around a bit, but that's it.

Sometimes I try to make a level but I ussually loose interest because of the lack of concept and/or the amount of detail I'm trying to accomplish.

I spend most of my time drawing.

DooMBoy said:

I'm either at work or somebody else's house, screwing around.

:)

Jayextee said:

I edit for Doom. That count?

Heheheheh.

No really, I play other games, but that's it. No actual 'life' - they're overrated ;)

Skate Park, about 4 hours on weekdays, 7 hours on weekends. On Monday it's closed...

Jon said:

with the latest version of legacy out, I've been sorely tempted to make some boom-effects laden heretic levels.

I take it they added Heretic support. I haven't downloaded a new legacy since 1.28 - that's what I usually like to use to play WADs. That and Millennium. Ports are really too much of a hassle for me right now - I have so many old levels, it's hard enough working on them as is, let alone adding port-specific features. Even though I know how I'd go about it, it's just too much hassle. The ports just don't stop changing and by the time I implement the latest and greatest features in all 27 maps, they'll be way outdated. I'm releasing all my maps to work with the vanilla engines, then people can rip them apart, make them port-specific and steal whatever they want. I really don't care. I think it'll be fun to see what other people can do using some of my maps as a base. "WAD remixes", if you will :)

ussually not., but today...i had so much friggin fun. i was my towns family fun day. me and my friends volunteered to wear costumes and talk to little kids. i dressed like a gorilla and walked around in the sun for 9 hours shaking little kids hands and hugging them. but i had fun with my friends. we did this gladiator thing, my friend sleepy the dwarf and i fought and i fought like an ape. i jumped on him from my platform. that was great. i climbed a little mountain for kids and at the top i started waving like king kong. we all had pick up lines that we didnt get a chance to use, i wouldve said "monkey see monkey do...monkey see you!!!" sleepy would've said "hi im sleepy wanna sleep with me?" god i had fun.

Guest fraggle`

i spend my time idling on irc and living off vending machine snacks