Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrillKill

The German Doomsites suck

Guest ThrillKill

Hello guys, I'm pretty new to Doom and all that OPENGL stuff, but I need them, the graphics aren't the best without are they ?!
I didn't find information anywhere, even here I haven't found anything, may you can help me ?!
My question, in Germany and here I at least heard something about a new version of ZDoomGL and MD2 Models, what do I have to do, if i want to play Doom Doom II or Ultimate Doom with the newest version of ZDoomGL and this MD2's ?!
You would really help if you answer !
THX ThrillKill

P. s. I'm from Germany may my english isn't the best but I guess you understand !

Guest ThrillKill

Orps, sorry that I posted here, I didn't look in the other Forums, but please answer although I wrote here !
THX !

Guest ThrillKill

I forgot to tell you what I mean, there are several files like ZDOOMGL S04 B04 and so on, I don't know which I shall take, and the other questions about the MD2's still exist, I hope I didn't spamm too much :-))

I don't really like that GL crap. There's gotta be a way they can make it run just as fast without having to blur the hell outta everything.

ThrillKill said:

I forgot to tell you what I mean, there are several files like ZDOOMGL S04 B04 and so on, I don't know which I shall take, and the other questions about the MD2's still exist, I hope I didn't spamm too much :-))

I'd give them all a try if I was you, and decide which is best. Off the top of my head there are:

zdoomgl
doomgl
jdoom
doom legacy
vavoom

But there's no doubt more. Check out the doomworld.com ports section.

Guest ThrillKill

THX for the info, I installed ZDOOM 1.22 and GL 0.66 works pretty good, but there is a bug, the weapon is drawed in the middle of the screen and that really sucks, what can I do ?!
I wanted to load the MD2 Package, but all links are dead, can you send it to me ?!
machekramhier@gmx.de is one of my adresses !
But looks great !

Lüt said:

I don't really like that GL crap. There's gotta be a way they can make it run just as fast without having to blur the hell outta everything.

Two words: pixel madness.

I prefer AA to pixellation.

Guest fraggle`

aalib!!!

Guest ThrillKill
Jon said:

I'd give them all a try if I was you, and decide which is best. Off the top of my head there are:

zdoomgl
doomgl
jdoom
doom legacy
vavoom

But there's no doubt more. Check out the doomworld.com ports section.

WHY ?????????????????????????
I hate it, now I have everything installed, all the fucking MD2 models and all this shit, I spent one Day to get all this crap and now nothing works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoohooo, cool OpenGL lightning everything worked, but looks shitty without MD2 I extract them activate the support for MD2 and I can see them only in a little corner down-left of my screen
they dissappear when I move, very good work, are they doing all this shit when works on 3 Systems on the whole Planet, sometimes I wonder why I try this, playing Quake3 is much more necessary...fuck it !

i hate most of the md2 models so far. change the cacodemon! it just looks too silly. well, that's my rant.

ThrillKill said:

THX for the info, I installed ZDOOM 1.22 and GL 0.66 works pretty good, but there is a bug, the weapon is drawed in the middle of the screen and that really sucks, what can I do ?!
I wanted to load the MD2 Package, but all links are dead, can you send it to me ?!
machekramhier@gmx.de is one of my adresses !
But looks great !

"the weapon is drawed in the middle of the screen and that really sucks, what can I do ?!"

Unless you're capable of redrawing them yourself, not much :)

Lüt said:

Disable mip-mapping, use Trilinear and FSAA. But those are 64x128 textures, what were you expecting?!?

Guest Stitches-OsC

what isnt doom good enough for you already?
j/k