Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

Good Midis for Mappers

Hello All!

I'm looking for a few new midis for use in my maps'n'mods & I'm sure I'm not the only one. Can you suggest a small collection of your favourite midis (or ones you've composed!) that are allowed to be used in Doom mods and supply suitable credit?

The music supplied can be any genre, any style, any length etc, really the only requirement is that it is MIDI and that it loops somewhat well. I think it would be good to perhaps make a midi resource for everyone to post to!

If this is an age-old, commonly made thread then forgive me - I did a quick search and nothing too promising at first glance appeared. I'll accept the typical "This thread has been done a million times" answer where every word is linked to a different thread.

I will contribute to this thread too when I've got a bit more time on my hands and a better chance to shuffle through what I have saved.

here's a blog with about 20-25 midis I made... I abandoned this pretty quick because I am just not really a blog type of person, but I can make more tunes on request. It doesn't all sound like typical Doom twelve-bar riff music because my musical interests lie elsewhere, but I think some of the tunes still rock anyway!

A place I often find myself at is checking out MIDIs from VGMusic, I often look for games I don't recognise - you can find some really good music there!

yakfak said:

Thanks, I took the time to listen to a good portion of your midis and SCHWORD.MID suits my needs for this particular map. Sounds great, progresses to 'crazier' roughly at the right kind of time, about the right length and the way it loops back into the start is brilliant!

You will be credited. :)

Dragonfly said:

Thanks, I took the time to listen to a good portion of your midis and SCHWORD.MID suits my needs for this particular map. Sounds great, progresses to 'crazier' roughly at the right kind of time, about the right length and the way it loops back into the start is brilliant!

You will be credited. :)

cool, glad to be of some use :D would you kindly credit me as Zan-zan-zawa-veia? i really need to change my forum name to that... I can write you a few more tunes if you have something in mind

Zan-zan-zawa-veia, well, that is one hell of a mouth-full! Are you 100% certain you want me to credit you as such?

Also, I may ask for you to make me a tune for a map pretty soon! Let me get down the theme, basic aesthetic and feel of the map and I can inform you better what kind of vibe I want the music to have. Thank you very much for the offer! :)