Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ReX

Looking for Palm Tree Graphics

I'm looking for a graphic of a palm tree (coconut, date, etc.) to use in a DooM level. I've searched through cdrom.com levels and the graphics directory for related files (e.g., tropics, beach, etc.) but I've had no luck. I could draw a halfway decent tree, but it won't look as detailed as it should. Any suggestions?

Guest cocoon

I think there once was this "TC" called 'real'. Check that out. I believe it is up at cdrom.com. If I remember correctly it had some jungle-theme.

Oh yeah, real.wad by Joe Zona... and Twilight Warrior too, I guess. Both had jungle sprites/textures...

Linguica said:

Go over to http://themen01.exit.de/user/member/zombie / , the last level is on a tropical island...

Thanks for the tips. I remember the tropical theme in Twilight Warrior, but I had not played Real. I checked out both, and it turns out that Joe Zona (who created Real) did Level 2 and the jungle graphics for Twilight Warrior (small world!) Zombies, while having very cool graphics, does not appear to have a palm tree. Thanks again.

I must be missing something here? I did a quick search for "palm tree" and found scads of palm tree images. Just take these images, make them BMPs and import them (+ some TEXTUREx/PNAME editing) and you are done. The new DeePsea can do all of that - even in the shareware version.

Doing a general internet search is an excellent idea that I didn't even think of. I figured if someone had already created a palm tree sprite for DooM I could borrow it with the least amount of work. (In fact, I did find a very nice tree in Real.wad, which I plan to use.) The next time I will definitely consider down loading a graphic and converting it for use in DooM.