Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
myk

*.wav editors?

I wonder if anyone could suggest a good sound editor, for modifying WAV sounds, as I wish to make and modify some sounds for this wad set I'm starting. All I can do with the windows recorder is change the frequency of sounds add echoes , mix some, and liitle more... not enough if one really wants to do something good. Know any?

Guest cocoon

CoolEdit?

From what I have heard, it is good. I've never tried it though.

Actually the best, in my opinion in Cool Edit Pro, but with the "old" Cool Edit 96 you can do also a huge range of effects.
Another tool is Sound Forge 4.5, ist pretty stable for hard disc recording but if you wanna edit large samples (I mean >1GB) forget it, it's too slow. The best combination is a set of different synth-tools, like Brainwaves for example and a good WAV editor.

Has anyone heard 'bout E.A.G.L.E ?

It's a CREATIVE tool for implementing EAX into sound-source.
For further details look at www.soundblaster.com

cocoon said:

CoolEdit?

From what I have heard, it is good. I've never tried it though.

I have the demo for CoolEdit, it is a very solid editor. I believe it costs ~$90 to register the full version. For anybody into that kinda stuff it is very worth it. But I already got a pro audio package so I'd register DeeP first.

Let's see, there are the good ones as stated before, goldwave, coldwave and soundforge. Those are all very good to work with. However, they do cost (alot of) money. You might want to try out Sampled (comes in dos and windows version), the only drawback is that it's only capable of handling mono samples (think it downsamples stereo files if you import them), but since doom doesn't use stereo wave data, that wouldn't probably be a problem. Sampled comes with alot of cool effects, (think its has echo, reverb, filters and such but haven't tried it for a while).

anyhow, you might grab sampled 2.0 from www.maz-sound.com in the "sample editors" section :o)

Guest Epiphany

Everyone will have their favourite .wav editors. I like to use the 16bit Creative Wavestudio which was bundled with early SB16 soundcards. Its good for quick and dirty cutting, pasting and cropping and simple effects. For more indepth sound editing I found Goldwave, although hard to use does have a large range of options, filters, file format support, etc.

Doom on!
Epiphany

Yeah!, wavestudio is the way to go, the only bad thing is that it only works with real sb16 cards, (I seriously thought about mentioning it but then i remembered it's requierments...).

For easy and *fast* (Soundforge is *slow*) wav editing, go with wavestudio :o)