Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest QuarK

I want an editor!

Guest QuarK

I have four editors, and i have to use all of them.
1. Deep97 is shareware, it can be edit up to 800 lines.
I use it for checking my levels.
2. Deu2 needs more(? I have 32Megs) memory, I use to dissolve
the errors that Doomed4 occours.
3. Doomed: I use this to edit, but after 1600 lines it makes
a sector reference error, and if i have a graphics in a pwad,
it removes them.
4. Dck32: I use its zennode to rebuild the nodes.

So my ask is: Tell me a good editor without limits, without bugs,
and works on a P200, 32MB, Non MMX.

Guest zyvgjc

Please note that NO editor is perfect. You can try to find little faults here and there for every editor if you want to. Every editor's style for building levels is different. You just have to try some or all of them to see which one you like the most. Since most of the editors are pretty old, they should run fine on your system. According to many people, WadAuthor and Deepsea are excellent ones for Windows. For DOS, an excellent editor would be DCK. The ones that I just mentioned are shareware. If you really want a good editor, why don't you register it? Then you will have no limits! It's worth the money!

Yeah! Many Editors are very bad and it's not easy to handle them! But I think the best Editors you can get on the web are:

1.For ZDoom --> Zeth 4.1 (or 4.2,4.3,4.4 don't know)
2.Normal Doom levels for Windows ---> Deu 5.2
3.Normal Doom levels for DOS ---> Deth 4.2 (or 4.3,4.4,etc)

I think they are really the best Editors you can get. If you want one of them look at doomworld,doomnation or at the ftp.cdrom! Hope you'll find them. If not mail me and I'll try to find them for ya!

You should really just register an editor, instead of trying to get around paying. I haven't used any other editors other than the one I use now, DeePsea. If I were to have any complaints about it, it would be the error messages it gives you which can be confusing and make you press the wrong button, causing you to lose your work. That, and the sector drawing is kind of annoying at times. Other than that, it rocks.