Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Prince Vegeta

Music in DOOM2

Guest Prince Vegeta

How do you properly change the music in DOOM2? I can do it in Doom but I do not know how for DOOM2. If you know, plz get back to me, it's been a long standing problem.

I don't surely know what you mean with changing the music in doom2. Change the Music while playing type idmus x (x for a number from 1 - 34) and if you want to add new music try to get wintex and add your music (which must be in .mid format when u use wintex). If u mean another way for changing doommusic, let me know!

Guest Duke Nukem

If you meant place the midis in and you got an error cannot find Midi2mus.exe that is your problem, you need the midi2mus.exe. Doom2 uses special types of midi files called mus files. You can get it at cdrom.com

Guest Prince Vegeta
Tormentor667 said:

I don't surely know what you mean with changing the music in doom2. Change the Music while playing type idmus x (x for a number from 1 - 34) and if you want to add new music try to get wintex and add your music (which must be in .mid format when u use wintex). If u mean another way for changing doommusic, let me know!

LOL! Thanks for help, but what I meant was that the ids for the .mus files are different than doom1. They used to be e1m1.mus but now the maps have specific names for their .mus files. I guess I need to know the names of the files before I can edit them. Any suggestions?

Guest DestroyAllHell

Why can't you just use Wintex, load up your MIDI file, and rename it to the proper level. (When you highlight the song title, Wintex will say which map the music is from in blue letters near the top of the window, i.e. MAP01 is D_RUNNIN, MAP04 is D_BETWEE, and MAP30 is D_OPENIN, get it?) So, if you wanted to use a MIDI file named BULLCRAP.mid as a replacment for MAP29, you would make the new wadfile, go into the select musics category, and go to EDIT:LOAD ENTRY FROM FILE and then type in BULLCRAP in the prompt name box, then it would ask you to load the file from the hard drive. When the level is properly loaded, the entry BULLCRAP will be in the list, and should play the proper song. Then,go to GURU ONLY:RENAME ENTRY and type in D_SHAWN3 in the box, or select it from the pulldown list. (it should say near the bottom, D_SHAWN3:MUSIC OF MAP29 or something like that.) Then, go to FILE:SAVE WAD and test your wadfile. Then, if all went well, when you are on level 29, your song should play. E-Mail me if there are any problems.

P.S. - There are shortcuts around having to rename your song, but the way I described is the safest way.