Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Linedef Types - How do they behave?

Certain things, like S1 open door stay open don't really need explanation. But WR start crushing ceiling requires a little explanation. I need to use it, but want to know how it behaves. Does it lower to the lowest adjacent floor? Does it lower to it's own floor? Does it rise again to where it started or does it rise to the highest adjacent ceiling, or the lowest adjacent ceiling? Is there a manual that tells you how all the types behave? Light types are another frustratingly difficult type to understand. I only know how 2 of them work. Type 8, the pulsating light in E1M2 and Type 1, light blinks randomly.

The crushing ceiling moves to floor of the same sector until the distance between the ceiling and the floor of this sector is 0! Then it moves again (the ceiling) to its destination! Not higher, not lower!

You can do that with ZDoom's scripting features. But you need to write a script. I have no idea how to do that. I'm sure Rick Clark has some rather simple tutorial written up on it.

Guest zyvgjc

If you can find it, get a book called "3D Game Alchemy" which was released about 4 years ago. I have this book and it has helped me a great deal. This book talks about the topics you just mentioned-crushers, lights, etc.

Guest Psycho
Lüt said:

But you need to write a script. I have no idea how to do that.

Or you could use EDGE's RTS, or make your own linedef's in DDF. It is really easy(RTS).