Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ironman

Doom editor Waded

Guest Ironman

I was wondering if there is a updated version of the doom editor "Waded" that comes with the 3d game alchemy book?
The version I have has some bugs that freezes the screen or destroyes your wad. I like it better than wadauther and deep97
because its alot easier to learn and use. Any info would be cool.
Thanks.

The only editors being updated are DMapEdit and DeepSea. I would check CDROM and see if a newer version my be there. That book came out quite a while ago.

Guest zyvgjc

Don't use version 1.88 of Waded that came with the book because it's very buggy. Use version 1.83 at ftp.cdrom.com instead-it's more stable, but it's shareware.

Guest nihility

Waded is my level editor of choice.. I'm glad others like it more than the new ones.. Matthew Ayres stopped updating it when he started making the Quake/Quake2 editor 'QOOLE' I think..

The new one is buggier.. I stick with good old 1.83

zyvgjc said:

Don't use version 1.88 of Waded that came with the book because it's very buggy. Use version 1.83 at ftp.cdrom.com instead-it's more stable, but it's shareware.

Where can I find WadEd 1.88!?

Guest zyvgjc

As far as I know, v1.88 is a special version for the book only. The latest version available on the Internet is v1.83.

Guest timpani

If I were you, I wouldn't even touch WadEd. It is the worst and most annoying Doom/Doom2 level editor to date. Matt Ayres has a lot of gliches in his programming experience. The main problems are like Deleting a DOORTRAK linedef anywhere without notice. Try DoomCAD 6.1, DETH and other editors.