• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Epistax

Advanced "under water"

Guest Epistax

Ok few questions here.

First, is it possible to make an empty pool you can walk into, and then fill it with water with a switch (I can do that muc hso far), and THEN be able to swim in it?

Next, can you simulate zero gravity in doom, using under water techniques? Or would you use gravity modifiers?

Lastly (has nothing to do with any of that), how do I raise and lower platforms either making no noise, or a noise of my choice? (aka water flowing, rising, and stuff).

Oh here's a great idea for someone to steal: a level on a beachfront with the waves coming in and out.

The waves splashing idea was already incorporated by Roger Ritenour (ritenour@mail.rlc.net) in an excellent wad-set called EarthZD.

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/doom2/levels/doom2/Ports/d-f/earthzd.zip

Btw, I have posted some tips on getting WadAuthor to run in native ZDooM mode (i.e., allowing scripts, etc.) This is in reply to your post titled "AARRRGGHH!"

Guest Fanatic

I made flooding liquids in QDOOM using EDGE and it's 3D floors. I basically make a standard EDGE liquid extrafloor, and use RTS or custom line triggers to raise or lower the liquid to a defined height. You'll see it in action in QDOOM's second episode when it's released.