Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Corsair

anybody know how to make new ammo types??

Guest Corsair

Hi, me again.
In the mod I'm making for Doom using EDGE (I need some more ideas!!! :-) ), I thought about Psionic weapons (Mind weapons) as being a MAJOR possibility! but then I thought that with a new type of weapon, I'd need a new ammo type. after all, most things (except how long you play Doom or HL) need a limit!!!!
If anybody can tell me how to make a new ammo type, it'd be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!!
Corsair -- adventkid@yahoo.com

might be wrong, but i don't think it's possible with edge (yet?)

think i've read cory (author of former actiondoom ddf now imm** something) stating that he needed more ammotypes.

Guest Fanatic

It's possible in EDGE, but not recommended. It's something we were meaning to fix up later.

Go check out the documentation at http://edge.sourceforge.net under the DDF documentation area. You may want to just work with the 5 ammo types in DOOM tho, for now.

Guest c-d-w

It is?
I tell ya, with Imminent Constraint (or whatever the hell I called it) only four useable ammo types between twenty guns is stretching the ol' imagination. I ended up making the Rockets into a 'Miscellaneous' ammo type.. a poor substitute.
Just fix saving/loading, and I'll be happy though!

Guest Corsair

Once again Fanatic, my thanks to you!
BTW, EDGE is GREAT!!!!!!
I preformed a SEAMLESS port from DosDoom over to EDGE!
thanks again!
Corsair

Guest DammitBeavis
Fanatic said:

It's possible in EDGE, but not recommended. It's something we were meaning to fix up later.

Go check out the documentation at http://edge.sourceforge.net under the DDF documentation area. You may want to just work with the 5 ammo types in DOOM tho, for now.

What part of the DDF docs is it under? I've read through them several times, I have no idea how to make new ammo types. When you talk about new ammo types, do you mean modifying the old ones, or adding new ones? Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

DammitBeavis said:

What part of the DDF docs is it under? I've read through them several times, I have no idea how to make new ammo types. When you talk about new ammo types, do you mean modifying the old ones, or addin

It's a complex thing. First you have to change a weapon's ammotype to a number like "5" instead of "bullets". Note though that "1" - "4" numbers are the normal types in subsequent order (1=bullets, 2=shells, etc.)
Then you need to change the backpacks so maxammo reads something like "400,100,100,600,100" (note that there's five).

This was possible with dosdoom. I hope that edge didn't just stumble here, besides there's lots of stuff they need to add in there anyway like the ability to perfectly duplicate heretic's chook orb (the egg that turns people into chickens). And they need to add some more attack types. And they need to fix the puffs so that you can make them stay in one place and not rise.

Experiment a little with the logic center of your brain before a zombie eats it.

Guest c-d-w

DANG!!!
It doesn't work...
There goes all my hopes and dreams : (