Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest corsair

Fanatic, i need some more help!

Guest corsair

ok, when I went to http://edge.sourceforge.net / i checked it all out, and I saw the levels that displayed transparent Side\LineDefs and the multifloors (floors over floors) and I was wondering, how do you do that???? I didn't see this in those levels (I D/L'ed lucycage.zip edgedemo.zip multi.zip) and I was thinking about using a transparent floor and a different (mist) colourmap to simulate a misty environment. btw, my ICQ # is 51902031, if you could, I'd like to get into contact with you. I have to go now, my friend is here.
Corsair -- adventkid@yahoo.com

Guest Fanatic

You gotta do some reading. Go to the EDGE website, and there is a long for DDF documentation and tutorials. The tutorial for multiple 3D floors, called extrafloors, is pretty good and I made some default EDGE line types that are in the 1.24 release.

You can download just the plain DDF files that contain the line types if you need to see them. EDGEDEMO.WAD uses those line types, I think just type 400 (for thick extrafloors) and 405 (for translucent liquid extrafloors).

Dig around some with these, email me if you need more help after that.

Guest Corsair

ok, thanks fanatic! :-)
Corsair -- adventkid@yahoo.com