Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nothing

DCK RULES

Guest nothing

doom construction kit is the best

IT IS.
Ive used DCK every day since 1995. And ive tried all the other editors, AND STILL DCK rules em all. The only thing thats not good bout DCK is that it doesnt support Win32. Sad, but true.

Guest zyvgjc

I agree with Maonth. DCK may be a good editor, but it doesn't run in Windows at all. Because of this, I didn't bother trying to use this editor. I prefer Windows programs over DOS ones. I hate shutting down Windows and go into DOS and then quit DOS and load Windows again.

I would try out DCK but I don't feel like booting to DOS. At least DETH works in a DOS window.

Guest nothing

maybe we should try to get in touch with the guy who made dck to add a win32 port to it??? or get the source??

Linguica said:

I would try out DCK but I don't feel like booting to DOS. At least DETH works in a DOS window.

You should really try DCK, its worth booting. To make doors ctrl+d, lifts ctrl+l and so on.

Oh yeah Linguica, please enable the face i uploaded, its called Maonth. Thanx

nothing said:

maybe we should try to get in touch with the guy who made dck to add a win32 port to it??? or get the source??

Thats a good idea. Lets try, i have contacted you on icq.

nothing said:

Yes, someone do that. Win32 DCK would ROCK!!!

Shaviro said:

IT IS.
Ive used DCK every day since 1995. And ive tried all the other editors, AND STILL DCK rules em all. The only thing thats not good bout DCK is that it doesnt support Win32. Sad, but true.

I've always used Ben Morri's DCK for level design and still think there's nothing as good over the net. Even the Win based editors... they're not as easy and functional as DCK.

But a question remains... the latest version is old... i mean really old, and Morris doesn't seem planning to work on another Win32-featured-version...

That makes me sad because DCK is still the king... but MAYBE he's working on this version and putting all the features we dream about, like ZDoom's coverage and these stuff.

Let's wait, guys
none of them knew they were robots