Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The \er

Mega Wads

DoomIIGuy - i'm having a bit of trouble with map11 - stopping and starting and scrapping the lot to start again - but the ideas are getting refined. I'm hoping to make a proper start tonite.

Btw, i've just written the next part of the Underworld story on the fan art/fiction forum.

GooberMan said:

Too late, I'm pretty sure either BBG or pritch hold that record (with more than 35 posts too).

I made 2 on my first day iirc, it was only later I got taken in by bad boys :)

Ultimate DooMer said:

RailGunner: how do you get a custom title underneath your handle?
(as yours has just changed)

You don't do something stupid or generally don't act stupid and you won't get an insulting one. However, if you're desperate for one as insulting as railgunner's I'll speak to Lüt and we'll se what we can do.. :P

Generally if you want a decent one you have to put a few months of forum time under your belt, and not act stupid. For some peole, myself included on occasion, that has proven too difficult :)

RailGunner said:

the uac theme is starting to get really unoriginal.

Well, duh, that's like saying Doom is getting really unoriginal. The UAC story and textures are an intricate part of the game. If a TC doesn't move the goalposts completely, something of the UAC theme has to be retained IMO, otherwise it may start to make little sense.

GooberMan said:

Too late, I'm pretty sure either BBG or pritch hold that record (with more than 35 posts too).

What in the hell? I said the exact same thing.

Spike said:

DoomIIGuy - i'm having a bit of trouble with map11 - stopping and starting and scrapping the lot to start again - but the ideas are getting refined. I'm hoping to make a proper start tonite.

Well, good luck with that. I know exactly how that is.

Well, my next wad (a 9 level Ultimate DooM episode for ZDooM) will probably form part of a megawad eventually, as that's the way it generally goes with me. I get loads of ideas and don't have enough space in one episode....

Heh, I get plenty of ideas, but don't have enough space in my spare time to make all those ideas into levels.

Archvile64 said:

Heh, I get plenty of ideas, but don't have enough space in my spare time to make all those ideas into levels.

I get plenty of idea, but I cant map. :P
I also dont have spare to time to bother to learn mapping ;)