• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZarcyB

A FEW QUESTIONS REQUIRING ANSWERS...

Guest ZarcyB

ZDOOM QUESTIONS

1. Is there a way of changing what a weapon fires (Dehacked) ? Cos i want to change the pistol to fire projectiles instead of bullets.
2. In dehacked can I make a frame translucent (for example a gun flare) ?
3. How do i change the rate of fire for a monster?
4. How do i change what projectile a monster fires?

I am working on a semi-TC and I have two guns (Laser Rifle, replaces the Pistol, and The BFRL (Big Fucking Rocket Launcher) that replaces the standard rocket launcher). It has new grahics (my own, 3d rendered and touched up) and ripped sounds (from Quake III Arena). I can send it to anyone if they r interested.

Guest CyberSquirrel

1) and 2) i'm not too sure about, but for 3)all you have to do is edit the length of time for which each frame shown when the monster fires. This same method can be used to produce a fully-automatic BFG or rocket launcher (ouch). 4) I'm not sure if you can, but I know for a fact you can select the projectile as a thing and edit it's characteristics eg. appearence and speed. Oh, and by the way check out Fortress of the Damned on newstuff.

1) Yes that is possible, atleast twilligt warrior uses that as i think weapon 3 cycles between a machine gun and a rocket launcher.

2) To get translucency on frames you'll have to use .bex instead of .deh, or some things get translucency by default like the imp fireball.

3) not only could you speed up weapons by decreasing the time each one is displayed but you could allso skip certain frames, i think dehacked comes with a patch called superweapons or somethin which does that.

:o)

You may want ot consider using EDGE or DosDoom instead of Zdoom for a TC (it has mega options that would probably appeal to your taste).
Maybe there's something about Zdoom that I don't know of that is so good, but I think EDGE is the best thing since sliced bread and I wil lstick with it until something better comes out (doom3/2000 maybe?)

I have never played Quake 3 and feel left out becasue I can't run it on my computer.
I would definatly like to see what you have so far though (I don't have a good modeller for my weaps and stuff and anymore to make it look realistic, I have to use a modeller).
Just send it to me in an attachement through e-mail or tell me the URL. Don't worry, it's not like im gonna rip it up and infringe (I don't do crap like that to developing projects).

Guest Psycho
sirgalahadwizar said:

(it has mega options that would probably appeal to your taste).

Such as Custom linedefs, sector yypes, new enemies (that DON'T REPLACE EXISTING ONES!), new weapons, different level progression, and other stuff.

EDGE allows room-over-room-over-room-over-room-(and so on), semi-transparent flats, textures, sprites, and other stuff.

QDOOM was done in EDGE, BTW.