Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

Forum Software

I was thinking of adding a nice forum section to my site, and I was just wondering what the best program to use was. it has to be pretty customizable and pretty easy to use. VBulletin looks great... It doesn't flash its JelSoft brand name all over the place. That's very attractive. It makes it look like it REALLY belongs to the site that's hosting it.

Can you guys give me any suggestions? I don't think money is an issue, by the way. Thanks a lot!

VBulletin is also costly.

Just stay away from EZboard and you should be fine. Your forums can't be so popular that you need top-o-the-line forum software for them.

Hey Liam, you may be surprised :)

Keep posting suggestions! Thanks!

I'd say go with Blazeboard, but then I'm nostalgically linked to them :)

BlazeBoard is the buggiest shit ever made.

vBulletin is great but it'll cost you $160. It's incredibly thorough and customizable, as long as you understand what you're doing.

If you'd pay for your board, Infopop and VBulletin would be great. Doomworld forums are powered by VBulletin; Quake3world forums are powered by Infopop, and I know a lot of y'all would say Infopop is crap, but truly a lot of boards are powered by such software.

The best free forum software I would recommend to you must definitely be phpBB or ikonboard

Ezboard is advertising prone but you can get a lot of "new members" there from the search facilities they use.

I haven't checked if they're doing paid prices now but ProBoards.com and ForumCo.com had some excellent boards a few months ago..

Or you could do like the admin at my clan's page and just write your own ASP forums. But he's kind of a sadist like that.

DC

Archvile64 said:

But Blazeboard sucks dick.

Yeah well. We used it here for a long time. It's ok.

bigbadgangsta said:

Maonth, your new avatar = 1337455

Yep. It has to match the person, eh? :P
dsm is a graphics genius.

Archvile64 said:

But Blazeboard sucks dick.

IMO Blazeborad was fun, you could hack almost any feature into it. For a low traffic forum, it will do just fine.