Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest de zeurkous

ZDOOM Editing with WadAuthor

Guest de zeurkous

I can't get the zdoom config file runnin' with wauthor. He crashes when i created a thing or a sector. Does anybody know how to fix this?

If you have not already done so, download the following files:

ACC 1.13 (acc113.zip)
WadAuthor Configuration files (zdoom-wauthor.zip)

from Randy Heit's ZDooM site:

http://zdoom.notgod.com/download.shtml

Unzip these files into your WadAuthor directory. Reconfigure WadAuthor to read the zdoom.wcf wad configuration file (i.e., start with a fresh install of WadAuthor and follow the prompts). If you want to run a map from within WadAuthor in ZDooM, edit your Wauthor.ini file to add the following statement:

[DEBUG]
NoWARun=1

Convert Doom2.wad into ZDooM format using zwadconv.exe, which is found in utils050999.zip (available from the site listed above).

(These are the basic steps to edit/create ZDooM maps in WadAuthor. If you follow them you should have no problems. Otherwise ask Wild Man for more specific details.)

Guest nox

De zeurkous???
oh Well, why not

ReX said:

{snip}(These are the basic steps to edit/create ZDooM maps in WadAuthor. If you follow them you should have no problems. Otherwise ask Wild Man for more specific details.)

I think you have it covered. I couldn't do any better.

Guest de zeurkous

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME??? IT WON'T WORK AND IF I MAKE A NEW SECTOR ZETH SAIS: "SECTOR 0 IS NOT CLOSED" HEEEEEELLLPPPP!!!!

Why are you angry? At first you said you are using WA, now you say you're using ZETH? No what are you using?

Guest zyvgjc
de zeurkous said:

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME??? IT WON'T WORK AND IF I MAKE A NEW SECTOR ZETH SAIS: "SECTOR 0 IS NOT CLOSED" HEEEEEELLLPPPP!!!!

I suggest that you choose an editor and stick with it. If you keep jumping from one editor to another, then you will become more confused and frustrated. Learning how to use editors and building levels requires a lot of patience. If you really need help in creating levels in particular, then check out the tutorials page on DoomWorld. ZETH and DETH are not easy editors to learn. WADAUTHOR seems to be the easiest of the three.

Guest de zeurkous
boris said:

Why are you angry? At first you said you are using WA, now you say you're using ZETH? No what are you using?

Normally i use Wadauthor AND DCK, but when Wadauthor won't work with zdoom editing, i tried zeth, downloaded a deu tutor (the start commands that's where i was experienced in before ;), and created a sector according to it. BUT IT WONT WORK!!!! FRIGGIN' MACHINES!!!!!!!!