Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Epistax

Lots of SimpleQuestions-Everyone answer one:)

Guest Epistax

1) How do I have a wall that you cannot walk though, can see through, but can also not shoot through? I am using scripts if there is a way with them.

2) How do I assign a ThingID to a player for use in scripts?

3) How can I return (X,Y) and or Z, Angle of the player in a script?

4) Can I make an invisible platform to stand on the same way bridges are made? (with those funny Things)

5) How long can a single line be? (In Doom2 I think it was 1024, using zDoom).

6) How do I use the set friction function statement? I noticed in the zcommons.acs it is commented out "//" and on the zdoom page it says to only use it an initiation stage. How do I go about doing this? (Using WadAuthor)

7) Is there a way to use the Random (A, B) without causing Consistancy Errors in multiplayer?

1) Set the special of the line to "Line_SetIDentification" (in the Specials class). Add this line to the script:
setlineblocking(1, BLOCK_EVERYTHING);

2) Impossible.

3) see 2)

4) yes

5) In one of my levels I've got a line with the length of 2816. Works fine in ZDooM.

6) First you've to set the sector's special to "enable friction" then set the special of some line to "Sector_SetFriction([tag of sector], [ammount])".

7) Heh, did not know that random() causes a consistancy failure... :)

Guest Epistax

That is TERRIBLE! You CAN'T do that?
There are so many things you cannot do because of that.

I suppose then, it is impossible to put a tag on creatures that are spawned at run time?

Guest zyvgjc

For the current version of ZDOOM, you can't put tag numbers on monsters that doesn't appear on the map yet.

Epistax said:

That is TERRIBLE! You CAN'T do that?
There are so many things you cannot do because of that.

I suppose then, it is impossible to put a tag on creatures that are spawned at run time?

Now thats where skulltag comes in... skulltag is based upon zdoom 1.22 *and* has an extention to the spawn function to (just as you want)allso set an tid on the thing spawned, appart from that skulltag has alot of other fun stuff (like being able to add/remove ammo from the player).

About the consistency failures, it shouldn't happen, im not sure about zdoom but the original doom does not use real *random* values, instead it get the values from a table of numbers so that everyone should get the same values, zdoom should use the same tecnique when i tink about it, else zdoom would crash all the time since damage and other stuff too uses random factors.... are you certain that it's the random functions fault?

Guest Epistax

Skull tags? Tell me more plz!

Well from what I can tell, the demon spawner uses a random function. And it causes a C error in about 2.3 seconds :). However then yo can make your own spawner using scripts that doesn't case C error?