Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
m0l0t0v

driving-lessons suck

WARNING:
If you don`t like reading rants, stop now!

I`m taking driving-lessons and to be totally honest with you, I hate it. Why? Two reasons:
1. I suck at driving (I`m really really bad)
2. My instructor`s a complete jerk. He bitches of everything I do and/ or do not do. It`s very difficult for me to take directions from a guy with an IQ of 20 whose only goal in life is bitch of others so he can feel smart. Being a driving-instructor must be like the easiest job in the world. All you have to do is sit on your lazy ass bitching about other peoples driving-skills and get overpayed!

funny, I expected I`d feel better after writing this down, but I`m still angry with the jerk and "the world of driving".
Maybe one of you guys can make me see the light again or perhaps share my rage?

Driving is a necessary facet of modern life. You won't get too far without it so stick with it, it's worth the effort.

Now my driving instructor... Christ on a stick... this man used to jam his whole arm in front of my eyes to point at some car and yell at me if I saw it. He quit doing it after I finally replied, "Yes, I saw the pretty red car that costs more than I'll ever fucking make now would you keep your fucking hands out of my face so I can possibly see where the fuck I'm going, jackass?"

I almost got failed for that. =)

I did, however, fail my first driving exam. They were putting in a new highway and there was a temporary street I had to go down. It had a stop sign on the end but it really wasn't there. SOMEONE RAN IT OVER. It was laying in a fucking ditch, face down. Traffic was good, I slowed down, my turning lane was clear, fine, I went.

I ran a stop sign. Instant fail. Thank God I wasn't a firearm owner back then.

Well, in North America it certainly is. I live in north Europe and have the leisure of using a well built somewhat reliable public transport system. Still I feel that life is becoming steadily more and more based upon driving in cars.

I still won't take a driving lesson anytime soon because:

Cars are damn expensive in Denmark.

Gas is also damn expensive due to the lack of competition on the market.

My attention span and general awareness would make me a liability if in control of any kind of motorised vehicle.

Heh...I'm taking driving lessons at the moment as well. Driving is frightening, boring, and a waste of the environment at the same time, but I found that I kinda have to learn...it has become a necessity.

Heh, as long as there's a working stereo in the car, I can drive anywhere for any length of time.

Until you crash into a telephone pole at a T-intersection and die.

We have teh most expensive gas of anywhere, currently about just over $7 a gallon.

I also failed twice, once I failed to stop at a zebra crossing, the other time I screwed my signals up. At £40 a time I was pissed.

the_Danarchist said:

Until you crash into a telephone pole at a T-intersection and die.

I died because I had been drinking, not because I was listening to the radio.

Lüt said:

I died because I had been drinking, not because I was listening to the radio.

Yeah, but the next time you die, it'll probably be because you payed too much attention to the radio.

dsm said:

Yeah, but the next time you die, it'll probably be because you payed too much attention to the radio.

Heh, yeah it does happen every now and then, although the last 2 times I hit parked cars I wasn't listening to anything.

Lüt said:

Heh, yeah it does happen every now and then, although the last 2 times I hit parked cars I wasn't listening to anything.

Especially the owners shouting "Stop! STOP! STOP you fucking idiot!" :)

pritch announced:
We have teh most expensive gas of anywhere, currently about just over $7 a gallon.

Nah, I heard in Russia its about $14 per gallon.

fodders said:

Especially the owners shouting "Stop! STOP! STOP you fucking idiot!" :)

Heh...that reminds me of this one time my friends were telling me about. They were in the mall parking lot looking for a space or something, and the car ahead of them was maneuvering into a space ahead of them, and there was a car behind them so they were boxed in. So natural, and old woman in the parking space next to them begins to back out right into my friend's truck. They started yelling "NOO STOP!" (and I think the horn was broken too, so that sucked) and eventualy the old lady just backed into their side.

And then she just kept on going. It took her several seconds to realise she was backing into the truck behind her, with a couple of guys yelling at her at the top of their lungs. :)

the_Danarchist said:

and old woman in the parking space next to them begins to back out right into my friend's truck. They started yelling "NOO STOP!" (and I think the horn was broken too, so that sucked) and eventualy the old lady just backed into their side.

Modders says sorry, she didn't see you

Heh, I'm taking lessons to! I also suck at driving!! So much so that I’m seriously thinking about giving up on a manual license, and just getting an automatic.

Learning to drive is a harrowing experience. I remember back when I was first learning how to drive a year and a half ago, some moron/dipshit/fuckrag/imbecile cut me off at an intersection, and the driving teacher blamed ME for it. "I thought I told about those intersections, son!", he bawled at me. "Yes sir, you did," I replied. "But you didn't say that anyone was going to cut me off."

But once you get the hang of it, it's OK.

fodders said:

Modders says sorry, she didn't see you

Heh. I knew you were going to say that.

Anyway, I went driving with my mom yesterday, and I was going down this narrow country road where the speed limit was 50. It was a chore for me just trying to keep between the lines, so I just stayed at 40-45. SO naturaly, I got passed by 3 people. Guess its good that I got experience with being passed. I also got to go through a one-lane construction zone...whee.

And for all you metric people out there:
50 mph = 110 kmph
40-45 mph ~ 90 kmph

I failed my first driving test miserably. Blew not one, not two, but three stop signs (genuflect, all you refugees!), couldn't parallel park worth shit, entered the wrong lane in the U-turn test (inside to outside, on a multi-lane road) and got hit by the train.

I did it right the second time, though. Even managed to parallel park my dad's Sierra. (And the Sierra is a fraggin' BIG truck, yo.)

IMJack said:

couldn't parallel park worth shit,

I have been driving 32 years and it was only a few months ago my daughter showed me how to reverse parallel park, wasn't in the test when I took it :)

the_Danarchist said:

Jack: You got hit by a train?

We have closed-dourse tests in Utah. There's "train tracks" painted across one section of the road, with crosshatches and flashing lights. I slowed down, but didn't see anything, so I kept moving. The instructor said "well, you just got hit by the train..." Asshole.

You should have said, "I saw a sign saying, "no trains" so I carried on" and he would say "You are talking stupid" and you could have said "Well YOU started it! :)

[RANT] I'm also taking driving lessons at the moment. And according to my instructor I'll be taking them for quite some time.
He must be the most annoying person I ever met. Personally I don't get the whole concept of driving lessons; Why am I paying this man lots and lots (and lots) of money just so I can do what he tells me to do and hear him say how dumb I am?
-I mean I'm paying him, so (living in a capitalistic society) shouldn't he be doing what I tell him to do?
-And why can he tell me I'm dumb?; I'm going to be a f*cking SCIENTIST! I must be like a million times smarter than him.

Learing to drive is hard enough but having a conversation with this man is even harder. His vocabulary must be that of a six-year-old. I have to explain every word I use to him (dumb ass).
And why does this man scream at me; he's sitting right next to me!

...I'll stop now and calm down... [/RANT]

deadnail:
Thank God I wasn't a firearm owner back then.

I know the feeling, I must have killed my instructor a hundred times in my head! :(

Captain R.P.:
Heh, I'm taking lessons to! I also suck at driving!! So much so that I’m seriously thinking about giving up on a manual license, and just getting an automatic.

I know that feeling too, the jerk told me I wasn`t good/smart enough for a manual. BLAM! BLAM!; that`s a hundred and one times...
>:`

man-O-science:
He must be the most annoying person I ever met... ...His vocabulary must be that of a six-year-old. I have to explain every word I use to him (dumb ass).

Do we have the same instructor? ;-)

DooMBoy said:

fuckrag

Good call DB.

I wish i could take my road lessons. unfortunately, i still have yet to pass in some project for the class part of drivers ed. i keep forgetting to do it. so i'll do it now :P

But i hope this thread is still arround by the time i take my first lesson. from what my friends tell me, the 80 year old bitch that does them really loves to argue and they have the storries to prove it.

Scientist said:

-And why can he tell me I'm dumb?; I'm going to be a f*cking SCIENTIST! I must be like a million times smarter than him.

QUICK! Somebody find this man a concentration camp to run!

Hmmm... a 're-education-camp' for jerky driving-instructors...

I like the way you think Üncle.
;-)