Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
widomakr

PlayPal?

ok...

i have a ATI 8200 vid card

now for the problem... i am sitting here trying to get doom legacy running... BUT i cant because when i exicute the command LAUNCH... i get a little window in the back ground and a window showing that it cant find "PlayPal" in windows and in linux...

could you please tell me what i am doing wrong...

thanks

Doom II Guy said:

AHEM...use ZDoom... *runs*

Legacy runs too, even in Windows XP. Anyway, the guy asked for LEGACY help not your opinion on what port he should use.

Do you mean you're trying to run launcher.exe? If so, try just running legacy.exe - that might work.

Yeah, no source port wars. What's the point? Everyone knows that ZDoom is the best :)

That's why my words should be final: ZDoom is king of the source ports!

Duker900 said:

SOURCEPORT WAR IS BAD

That's why my words should be final: ZDoom is king of the source ports!

MaTT [TiK]
I AM A MORON

Can't we all just get along?
Seriously, if you're having trouble with the Launcher.exe, just use plain old Legacy.exe.

Maybe you should start reading the threads guys :P If playpal is missing, then the main IWAD isn't being read. Have you got a copy of doom1.wad, doom.wad, doom2.wad, tnt.wad, plutonia.wad, heretic1.wad or heretic.wad? They come with the commercial copies of doom/doom2/final doom/heretic or shareware versions (the *1.wad's)

Jon said:

Maybe you should start reading the threads guys :P If playpal is missing, then the main IWAD isn't being read. Have you got a copy of doom1.wad, doom.wad, doom2.wad, tnt.wad, plutonia.wad, heretic1.wad or heretic.wad? They come with the commercial copies of doom/doom2/final doom/heretic or shareware versions (the *1.wad's)

I concur. It looks like a missing IWAD problem.

A missing iwad or an iwad that is not v1.9.

stphrz said:

A missing iwad or an iwad that is not v1.9.

all IWADS of all versions contain PLAYPAL.

Lüt said:

No it's not.

Yeah...this guy seems more intelligent.

I'm still waiting for widowmaker to turn up from london with his gang of boyz to beat me up. Damnit, he's 4 months late already.

He set out to "do you over" but he fell and also his mom says he is not allowed to cross the road, so he went home

widomakr said:

i get a little window in the back ground and a window showing that it cant find "PlayPal" in windows and in linux...

could you please tell me what i am doing wrong...

This would be a good question for The Legacy team.

bigbadgangsta said:

Legacy runs too, even in Windows XP. Anyway, the guy asked for LEGACY help not your opinion on what port he should use.

That's not what I mea....ahhhh nevermind

Jon said:

doom1.wad ..... heretic1.wad

I'm guessing they're the doom.wad before you upgrade to Ultimate Doom and the heretic.wad before you gain the two extra episodes, but why would anyone need them?

MaTT [TiK] said:

I'm guessing they're the doom.wad before you upgrade to Ultimate Doom and the heretic.wad before you gain the two extra episodes, but why would anyone need them?

They're the shareware versions. He was just listing the main wads you could possibly use.

Does anyone else think this thread would be a lot better in the questions forum with all the crap stripped off?

Ah right, thanks. And yeah to the second paragraph, sorry for my crap.

can you play heretic with legacy , i tought it was only able to play it in ZDooM
well , Zdoom(GL) r00ls

Yeah, you can definitely play Heretic in Legacy, but I didn't think you could play it in ZDoom.