Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Drakker

Level editors

Okay, my problem is simple: I'm back. *grin* Last time I edited a level, I was still in college like 3 years ago, and DCK 2.2 was latest DCK and the best editor (my opinion). I used ot use waded a bit too. But now, DCK has gone commercial and I guess I'll have to learn a new editor (like if I remember how DCK works anyway ;). I'd like to find a good editor for Linux/X or Windows 95, I plan to edit for the "standard doom" (no boom or zdoom stuff). So wich editor would you guys recommend to someone who couldn't live without DCK?

Guest Wraithchilde

Watch all the commotion this causes. :)

WinDeu 5.24

It's just so easy to use and gives you all the control you need for standard Doom editting. It's line based, not sector based, but since you can't remember how to use DCK then you shouldn't care. ;)

If you can't find it and want to try it I'll send it to you.

As an aside, I think charging money for a Doom level editor should be illegal. Or at least so shitty that you'd be an outcast in the Doom community forever. Just my opinion and I probably shouldn't have added it, but I did. So there.

Guest PainoMan

I haven't made or edited a level in over 3 years as well, but I can still say that in my opinion WadAuthor is the best out there.

Way back when, I tried them all and WadAuthor was and still is the easiest to learn and use.

You probably can't do all the wonderous tricks with WadAuthor, but I find the really complex tricks to be unnecessary and usually cause more problems than they are worth.

Guest T-N-T

Yeah, go for WadAuthor. It's a really good editor and you'll probably like it. Try using Waded 1.83b as well...talk about an easy editor!

Okay, I've been goofing with a couple of editors, with special care for wadauthor and windeu.... and of all of them, I like WinDeu the best. Thanks for your help. :)

Sure, I miss DCK, but theres no way I can reboot my puter in dos mode (I know some ppl that would curse cuz I use my puter to share our internet connection ;). I'd like to know, though, is there *any* serious editor for Linux (running in X if possible) out there? Cuz I don't like Windows feeling... nor do I feel at ease when I know the OS can crash on me at any time.

Guest The6EnD6iZ6nEar

I'm really new to this but.... i've been doing some searching and i'd have to go with Wad author.

Guest steven

Your lucky u can download editors properly.