Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grul

Limited level compilation?

I have made a quite large level (with only Doom2.exe elements) that chrashes when I try to build its nodes with ZenNode. ZenNode gets stuck on "Getting Sector Bounds...". Does ZenNode has any king of limitation of how many sectors you might have in the level? It seems so, for the level compiled without problems before.

I then tried to compile it with BSP, and that crashes Zdoom, just as the level's nodes weren't built. Doom2.exe chrashes with "block sizes aren't touching each other" (???) and Zdoom just plainly chrashes. Someone got an idea?

Guest T-N-T

If you're getting the "Block size does not touch the next block" then you have a sector or sectors not defined fully. Go and look at all the sectors in your level and see if the sectors are all defined. (If your level is big this could be a grueling task)

When you get that message Doom will NOT run :)

Givent that it's causing problems with several node builders, I'd agree with the other reply, there's probably something wrong with your level. I used ZenNode a lot in the past, and never hit any limits (altho in those days levels were smaller anyway ;)