Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Medieval Gnome

Quick little DDF question

Guest Medieval Gnome

I know what ALTERVISIBILITY does, but what are the maximum and minimum values?

Guest Fanatic

Here's the quick answer, wait until EDGE 1.25 comes out. We got rid of the ALTERVISIBILITY pointer, and renamed it to FADE and uses a %, making it a ton easier to use.

For EDGE 1.24, we use 6550, which I believe makes it half translucent. In QDOOM, I set some things like blood fading out to have multiple frames, and start at 5000, dropping down by 500 until it hits zero, which is invisible, so it appears to fade away.

I hope that helps a little. But the new way for 1.25 will be super easy using percentages.

Guest Medieval_Gnome

Do you know if the DDF docs will be updated for 1.25 when it comes out?

Guest Fanatic

It should be updated to reflect the changes, and we will post on the website and/or in a readme.txt with the update, so everyone maiking maps/PC/TC for EDGE can get caught up.

The changes aren't all that bad. Only took me about 15 minutes to get QDOOM up to par, and that's about as big as any EDGE project can get. :)

Fanatic said:

Here's the quick answer, wait until EDGE 1.25 comes out. We got rid of the ALTERVISIBILITY pointer, and renamed it to FADE and uses a %, making it a ton easier to use.

For EDGE 1.24, we use 6550, which I believe makes it half translucent. In QDOOM, I set some things like blood fading out to have multiple frames, and start at 5000, dropping down by 500 until it hits zero, which is invisible, so it appears to fade away.

I hope that helps a little. But the new way for 1.25 will be super easy using percentages.

If you know me you'd know im an edge fanatic (no pun inteneded)

What new changes will be in the new edge version?
Are they concentrating on graphics or gameplay?