Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lost Souls

What is a good level editor?

Guest Lost Souls

What is a good level editor?????

Guest Fanatic

Go to the DOOM World utilities section and have a looksee.

I prefer DOOMCad and Wad Author, but there are about a good dozen "good" level editors. All depends on what you like best.

Try a few to compare.

Yes u all know what im going to say...

GO GET DCK AND WADAUTHOR. DCK is the best Level Editor out there and Wadauthor is good at implementing scripts!...

Guest LRM

A good editor? Hahahuahhhaaha..... WADAUTHOR WADAUTHOR WADAUTHOR! After Deth, Waded, Dck, and deep, Wadauthor is so easy to use my sister could make levels!

Definitely WadAuthor is a breeze to begin, most user friendly and Windows based.

Guest T-N-T

Go find Waded version 1.83b. It is by far the simplest (although buggiest) level editor ever made...in my opinion. Also, check out DeepSea at SBsoftware's website. You can download the demo for free, but if you want the real thing you have to send off about 30 dollars.

LRM said:

A good editor? Hahahuahhhaaha..... WADAUTHOR WADAUTHOR WADAUTHOR! After Deth, Waded, Dck, and deep, Wadauthor is so easy to use my sister could make levels!

Yup, WadAuthor. DeepSea has a lot of goodies, but I find it wierd/difficult to work in (I hate having seperate 'modules' for Vertex, Thing, Sector and Linedef). I used DoomCad for a while, and found it ok...but again, the seperate 'module' thing is a big pain in the ass.

In conclusion, WadAuthor. :-)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

I think a good level editor is one which is very stable, easy to see and use, and one that doesn't clutter the display too much. Also it would have to be 'rubber band and clothes pegs' style editor as aur christened them :)

Or WadC.