Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

10sectors - DOOR misbehavin'

My door was opening fine - it's located in about 4 different locations- all the same sector. It's floor/ceil height is
-80/-80 and the floor/ceil. of the sectors on either sides of the doors are 0/80 or -96/96. I then added another door - same sector - with 0/80 on one side and -96/96 on the other which I had already done somewhere else - with the same adjacent sectors: 0/80 on one side and -96/96 on the other - which shouldn't be a problem - but when I did in this new place - suddenly the door stops working. It won't open. This doesn't make any sense. If I tag it with w1 raise ceil. next higher ceil, which is the same as a door essentially, it works - but if I tag it with w1 open door stay open - doesn't work!

Hmmmm. I made a little wad to try to recreate your problem, but was unsuccessful. I can only suggest you re-check all your sector and tag references. Load your level into Wadauthor and check it for errors, unclosed sectors and the like. I can't think of any reason why it's not working.

Guest Fanatic

I would be able to help, but I think I'd have to see your level. Sounds like you have everything in place, but missing something small and unnoticeable.

I've already sent in my level, and don't plan on sending in another. If you feel you can trust me, email me a copy of the non-working WAD (zip'd of course) and I'll take a peek at it. I wouldn't send it or take any screenshots or anything.