Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest epplegacks

Wintex

Guest epplegacks

Does anyone know where there are "Wintex for Dummies" tutorials or something cause I've been reading through these tutorials they have and i don't get them.

epplegacks
I'm in build of many tutorial for Doom game. But I've just 1 tutorial for now but others may be there soon.
So check my web page for that on the below signature.

Guest PainoMan

I learned how to use WinTex years ago through many a trial and error. To this day I find that it is very arbitrary with its "paste" function. Sometimes it will past at the beginning and sometimes at the end. The entry that you have selected doesn't seem to affect where the copied entries get pasted, as it does when inserting a new entry.

For example I had a wad that had the maps listed backwards, map32, map31, map30, etc. I need to put them in the right order. So I started cutting and pasting with map01, as it was pasting the maps in at the bottom. All went well until I got to map32, which for some reason WinTex decided to paste in at the top! I finally had to paste the maps one at a time into an empty wad.

There is a utility called Cleanwad, which does sort entries in a wad and usually puts them in the correct order, but on this wad it left the map order as it was.

Yes, WinTex is a bit confusing at first, but if you play around with it (ALWAYS back up your pwads before doing anything! I learned that lesson many times over!), you'll get the hang of it.