Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The6EnD6iZ6nEaR

How in the hell do i get this effect.???

I'm not sure what you mean? What 'effect'? They are using custom textures, if that's what you mean. For lighting, it's well done to be sure; I also suspect the screen shots were taken from a DOOM port that supports GL/D3D (JDOOM, DOOMGL, ZDOOMGL, etc.), but I'm not sure.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Experience and hard work baby.

If you are new to editing I'd advise you not to attempt that kind of stuff. You'll just get frustrated. The guy that made that scene (Afterglow?) has been editing Doom for several years now. Don't know how long it took him, but it would take me a few hours at least to make something half as good.

Think about hte floor and ceiling separately. Draw on paper for example, the layout of the floor and what sectors are needed. then draw the ceiling on a sheet of transparent paper or acetate or whatever, to the same scale, and layer it over to see the total number of sectors you will need.

Guest The6EnD6iZ6nEaR

Well men, 3 ouit of for of u were all helpful, and the amount in which u were helpful is also ur chronological order(last to first, minus of course Mr. Lut(sorry couldn't find the accented U, no character map on my desktop for some reason)but i thank the three of for being of assis tance when i gave such little to go on,, i was just really frustrated as stphrz sed i would be, and so it was a bit curt but, u can't really blame me, i'm new and i was up for about 19 reading and testing designs, when i posted that,, sorry for the length of this,, and thanks to the three of u (teppic-stphrz-and, pming