Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
blod

Textures replacement - How?

I made a level with standart doom textures but now I want to replace some of them with my custom ones (without deleting old textures from whole wad). Is there any wad-editor with such feature? I know Worldcraft has painless replacement function but WC is for Quake/HL stuff...

You can use Wintex to do that, as well as some other utils. The DeepSea editor will also allow you to add textures to your wad. The sharware version of DeepSea allows unlimited texture manipulation, I think. I have a tutorial on the ZDoom Tech page on using DeepSea as a texture manager. Check the Wintex help file for how to do it in Wintex.

Use Wintex to edit graphics patches, textures, etc. in your wad file. It is called Wintex.zip and you can find it at:

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/doom2/utils/graphics_edit/deutex/

It takes a little learning, but give it a shot and then if you have any questions post them on this forum.

Guest Fanatic

If you want to add new texture to replace the DOOM ones without editing the texture entries in your level, use Wintex.

There are no editors that allow you to swap textures in the level that I know of. I enjoyed that feature in qED for Quake-family level editing.

You can use wintex to redefine the standard textures just within your wad- first import all of your new textures into your wad as resources, then 'edit textures' and select the doom texture you want to change and then you can move around and redefine the patches per texture. Note that this will effect the game whilst your wad is loaded- i.e. all levels will be changed while your wad is in play.

Wildman said:

You can use Wintex to do that, as well as some other utils. The DeepSea editor will also allow you to add textures to your wad. The sharware version of DeepSea allows unlimited texture manipulation, I think. I have a tutorial on the ZDoom Tech page on using DeepSea as a texture manager. Check the Wintex help file for how to do it in Wintex.

Thanx to all! I know Wintex can do it, but I'm working on ZDoom map, and it seems Wintex doesn't loves this port. May be I will try Edge editing with more succes next time...

You're right in that you can't use WinTex as a level editor for an existing map that uses ZDooM features. However, using WinTex as a graphics editor is an entirely different thing. It does not depend on the source port you use. For instance, I am currently using WadAuthor to edit some ZDooM levels. These levels include custom graphics, sprites, and sounds. I used WinTex to insert these into my levels and to edit the graphis. But I continue to use WadAuthor for the level editing.

OK. Didn't remember if I ask it yet, but do I can to view custom flats in WadAuthor's texture window (with custom walls all is OK for now)? And speaking of custom walls, why WadAuthor can't properly align it?

Yes you can view custom flats in WadAuthor, but not in the texture window. You'll need to view them in the flats window (i.e., select the Sector tab).

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your second question. I, too noticed that WadAuthor will not align custom textures that are outside of the standard DooM textures. I did a 3-level set based on Hexen II textures, which were all outside the main texture set and it was a huge pain in the butt to manually align the textures. Since then, when using custom textures I redefine the standard DooM textures with the custom textures (i.e., usually by replacing the original patch.)

Did you sais Blod that you have some HL stuff as a texture?

If it yes can you send me them ! i like HL texture too !
I try to get them with WorldCraf but it really hard to take 400 pics as each time!

Did you sais Blod that you have some HL stuff as a texture?

If it yes can you send me them ! i like HL texture too !
I try to get them with WorldCraf but it really hard to take 400 pics as each time!