Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brian Bell

I really need help setting up doom. im so lost.

Ok, I've been playing Doom since I was like 7. But that was a long time ago. A few months ago I downloaded a version off of [no linking to warez and such.... first & final warning, Mordeth] and installed it on two systems (one with Win98, the other with Win95). It worked fine, absolutely perfectly. I also was told how to set up an IXP so that I could play over LAN.

Well, I just got a new computer with Window XP. Doom will not run with sound (and it is retarded without sound!) and I have no clue why. The sound slows the computer a lot. Then we had the memory on the Win98 computer and installed XP on it and have the same problem there now.

So I have two questions that I really really need answered.

#1) How do I fix the sound with Windows XP? There has got to be a way, and my computer skills are not what you would call quality. Please help!

#2) I remember it being extremely simple to set up the IXP but I forget how. could someone help me do this as well? AIM me at golittierecordgo. I appreciate this A LOT.

Thanks

Brian Bell said:

#1) How do I fix the sound with Windows XP? There has got to be a way, and my computer skills are not what you would call quality. Please help!

You can't. XP doesn't have DOS, it can only emulate it, so DOS games and programs may not run perfectly or at all.

Pick up a Windows source port to get sound again. I recommend Legacy or Jdoom.

Doom will not work with Windows XP, you need a Windows source port like Zdoom to play it. Extract ZDoom into your Doom directory and use zdoom.exe to play Doom. PrBoom is more like Doom.exe. Edge is a great port if you want to play great mods like Immoral Conduct. Legacy is also another good port but may not work with some versions of XP. Vavoom is great for playing Doom in OpenGL. JDoom is another great port for OpenGL.

nope ME dont have dos, it too emulates it. however u might get doom to run fine. however on all the ME systems i have tried doom did not work. come on people u need ports for anything above win98

the_Danarchist said:

True, not like I didn't warez Final Doom.

Was it worth the $0 you paid for it? Of course not.

bigbadgangsta said:

Was it worth the $0 you paid for it? Of course not.

Yeah, I'd say they still owe me.

Brian Bell said:

Ok, I've been playing Doom since I was like 7. But that was a long time ago. A few months ago I downloaded a version off of Morpheus and installed it on two systems (one with Win98, the other with Win95). It worked fine, absolutely perfectly. I also was told how to set up an IXP so that I could play over LAN.

Go ask the guys on Morpheus, surely they do after *sales* service? No? You do suprise me