Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sirgalahadwizar

How do I...

How do I create a pure IWAD (like the doom2.wad is a "pure IWAD").
All the programs that I have tried say it is a registered feature that cannot be accesed in shareware version (note: I make reference to a previous post supporting free editors, it's a labor of love damit!).

Minor issue with the new ports and stuff? NO!!!
I want to completly re-organize my doom2.wad
(so things can be carefully indexed, like PS01 spritename for Plasma Gun bolts, PS02 for arachnotron bolts, etc.). Ill probably also get rid of some crap I don't care much for (like commander keen, ghod I hate that fuck!, just replace him with some hanging body).

This is actually very, very easy. Simply edit your WAD with wordpad, or edit, or whatever (it might take awhile to load), and you'll see the word "PWAD" right at the start of the file. Just change it to "IWAD" and save :)

Dependending on which WAD editor you're using, you might have to change it back to "PWAD" if you want to add or modify anything.

To change an IWAD to a PWAD or backwards hex edit the exe file and change the first four bytes.

But, you will need to make sure doom knows what the new names are for the files- which would require changing the source code somewhat.

Guest Fanatic

Grab DEUTEX and use 'deutex -iwad' to create an iwad.

No, I mean the ability to also turn a little 100k wadfile into an iwad.

And editing the first 4 letters doesn't work, I tried that a LONG time ago. If you do that it, then doom doesn't recognise it (says its not a valid wadfile or something, it was a long time ago and I forgot the actual message).

You meant like DEU v5.xx?
No, im not a mapeditor, can't seem to get started learning either (WTF?, just like I can't program code either damit!)

Guest Fanatic

Grab DEUTEX, and extract all entries, then recompile it as an IWAD.

There is no way to make a compiled PWAD into an IWAD.