Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ReX

How to create intermission screens?

I'm trying to create an intermission screen, so that when the player ends a level a message comes up (like at the end of DooM2 Map07). I know I need to create the message in a text editor and rename it as a .lmp file, then insert it into my wad using WinTex. I knew how to do this a while ago, but I've forgotten. I looked in the Help menu of WinTex, but didn't find anything. I even looked at the DooM2 IWAD in WinTex for an answer, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated.

Guest Fanatic

You can't with standard DOOM, Dehacked and Wintex.

You can with standard DOOM and Dehacked, but you edit the messages in Dehacked on the F7 - Text screen, save the DEH file, and it just changes the messages that already exist.

Otherwise, you'll have to use a source port, and all of them handle this differently.

Thanks for the tips. I went to the editing tutorial for ZDooM at zdoom.notgod.com and I read that I should define a cluster and put in some text overlaid on a flat of my choice. However, it did not indicate how to insert this MAPINFO lump into my wad. I'm guessing I need to create the MAPINFO lump in a text editor, rename it to a .lmp file, and insert it using WinTex. Any other way to do it? Thanks.

Guest Fanatic
Test-0 said:

Amazing. A Fanatic post that DOESN'T plug EDGE. Wow.

=^)

Test-0

Well, I know a lot about Dehacked, and I do what I can to help anyone with anything. So :P thpth!

Oh, and use EDGE.

It was a tough fight folks! Fanatic was on the ropes but he came back strong and managed to clinch the gold for team USA! :)

ReX said:

Thanks for the tips. I went to the editing tutorial for ZDooM at zdoom.notgod.com and I read that I should define a cluster and put in some text overlaid on a flat of my choice. However, it did not indicate how to insert this MAPINFO lump into my wad. I'm guessing I need to create the MAPINFO lump in a text editor, rename it to a .lmp file, and insert it using WinTex. Any other way to do it? Thanks.

Check out my tutorial on inserting lumps in Doom with Wintex on the ZDoom tutorials page. Maybe that will help.

Wildman said:

It was a tough fight folks! Fanatic was on the ropes but he came back strong and managed to clinch the gold for team USA! :)

*being interviewed after the fight, bruses everywhere, his legs broken, and a paper cut*

It was a tough fight... *twitch* But when he came outta nowhere with that last bit, I was caught unaware and paid for it.

*starts to mumble incoherantly and is wheeled into the ambulance*

;^)