Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Malachi

Helpful, semi-intelligent Doom2 DM bots?

Ive been wondering... Semi-decent bots are hard to come by. I don't have that much experience with them, so maybe I shouldn't be saying that. But rather that spending time installing dissapointing DM bots, are there any decent bots out there that you would recommend and why?

Are you suggesting it's possible to download bots and install them in the port of your choice?

Not at all. I am used to doom2.exe, though I just recently picked up netplay using zDaemon. I am not familiar with ports as of yet. Im open to suggestions for any port I suppose (except for mods where it has been made into a totally different game).

Those OPN bots are very good, shame its using such an old zdoom version. Much better than the zcajun bots (no wild bot spinning around weapons etc).

How do you get a botmatch running in skulltag with a custom maps?

Liam the Bard said:

Start a game via the command line, bring down the console with `, and type 'addbot' for each bot you want in the game. OPNdoom bots are probably the best doom bots around.

As for shortcut, press "B" instead

Will you shorten your damn sig already?

Seriously, the sig size limit should be much smaller. The amount of space taken up by giant sigs that no one reads is absurd and obnoxious.

What's the use of being in such high resolutions? Sure it looks clearer and all, but you need a magnifying glass to see the Desktop Icons clearly and all. I prefer good old-fashioned 800x600.

1280x960 or 1600x1200 are the only resolutions you should be using (unless your monitor is fucking tiny)

Huh, I just switched from 800x600 to 1024x768 and now everything's fucking blurry. Or it's probably 'cause I don't my glasses on...:P

XP lets you enlarge icon and text sizes so they're readable at super-high resolutions.

DC

DooMBoy said:

Huh, I just switched from 800x600 to 1024x768 and now everything's fucking blurry. Or it's probably 'cause I don't my glasses on...:P

That happens on old crappy monitors. I'm in 1280x1024 and that's just as clear as 640x480 or 1024x768 or any other resolution. It's a 17inch monitor btw

crap, i didn't read your last 2 messages. But if it's too blurry, your monitor might be a real bad one