Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ape Tickler

Dehacked

Guest Ape Tickler

Hi all. I want to start making DEH and BEX patches, but I can't find any decent documentation on Dehacked or BEX code pointers anywhere. There are links in the editing section of Doomworld, but none of them work. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Guest Ape Tickler

Hi. Me again. I was just messing around with Dehacked, and I was wondering if I could use it to turn a thing I never intend to use into an enemy, so, not knowing anything about the way it works, I jsut transferred all the settings from Baron of Hell to Brown Stump, and it worked just fine. But I was wondering acouple of things. First of all, I had to input a numeric value for all the frames rather than simply typing in the name of each entry. Will I be able to use new sprite graphics, and if so, how? Also, demons behave very differently from other monsters. Why is this?

Guest Fanatic

1) change a thing into an enemy -select that thing you wish to change, and match the attributes and frames of a monster you want to make

2) you should be able to enter the frame # and not just the frame name (I think)

3) new sprites, yes, but, you have to rename existing sprite names, so it ain't that easy since you can't add anything in Dehacked (only rename or sort)

4) they only have a close attack, they can't throw or launch anything at you, and they walk faster. Their behavior is the same basically, loosly chase and attack

Humm guys !
I'm working on a Deh tutorial that compile all information i take from several web site and documentation.
It' just 10% done now ! can you wait for it?