Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phobos-Dwellr

NEED INFO

Guest Phobos-Dwellr

I took a peek into some wads at the DEHACKED lump. There were some interesting little parameters redefined in them, and I would like to know e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g I can modify that way. Hell, even if there are thousands upon thousands of different parameters... I think I defined my e-mail address here in my registry, but if not then please send whatever you know to faintblueafterglimmer@hotmail.com

Half of the time I probably don't know what I'm talking about. If it seems this way then just ask me for clarification.

Guest Fanatic

The DEHACKED lump is created by....Dehacked!

Use it to create the Dehacked file (usually *.deh), read it's readme on stuff you can modify.

Check the Utilties section of DOOM World or FTP.CDROM.COM to get it.

Guest Phobos-Dwellr

Yyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh..... I know THAT...
I was talking about all that little stuff that dehacked does NOT do... For instance, I looked into a Twice Risen pre-release wad and in the dehacked lump I saw a few parameters that could not be defined through dehacked.
So, I'm talking about things that aren't Thing parameters (hit points, speed, etc.), not frame reference, not sound reference, ...uh, um... or anything else definable in the program dehacked.
...Or maybe it is that I have version 3.1. I thought it was the latest version, but I guess I'll just have to check...

Has anyone noticed I use the elipse(...) a lot? ...I wonder why...

Guest Fanatic

Those paramaters you speak of are engine specefic. You'd have to check the engine they used, and reference that engines readme for details on new tags and what's editable. Probably ZDOOM is your best bet, or email Rick Clark (he would know too).

Guest Phobos-Dwellr

Ooooohhh.... this really hurts (because I'm kicking myself in the ass)
...I'm sorry, it was the OPTIONS lump, and not the DEHACKED lump, in the Twice Risen pre-release wad.
Thank you for your patience.
Incase it matters, some of the parameters I spoke of are (all with boolean values) "classic_bfg" "monster_backing" "monster_avoid_hazards" "player_helper" ... there were a lot more.
So, what I was wondering was how many more of these neat little parameters there are. I would e-mail Rick Clark, but I couldn't (and I blame hotmail). The message just came back to me whenever I tried.
I would use something else, but... I'm lazy.

Well, seeing as I created those, maybe I can be of some help. :)

The OPTIONS lump is an MBF-specific lump that locks certain options to specific values so they can't be altered. That way you can make sure your project plays the way you intended it to. You can set all of the options in MBF, then edit the MBF.CFG and remove anything that you want the player to have control over. (Be liberal with this - restrict too much stuff and it can be very annoying!) Then dump that file into your WAD as OPTIONS.

Check the MBF docs for details.

Rhetorical question: Why don't any other ports support this awesome ability? (MBF-deriviatives excluded)

Guest Phobos-Dwellr

Oh...
Well, I know nothing about MBF, but those settings seemed to take effect in ZDoom.
I don't believe I have MBF... can somebody e-mail a copy of that .CFG file to me? faintblueafterglimmer@hotmail.com

Just get MBF, I think it's available in the ports section of Doomworld. Should be. Play it and set all the options the way you want them, and the CFG file is automatically generated.